joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Presidents Day storm obs

AnthonyDabbundo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same here Been in a lull for a couple hrs. now and im not complaining either been through too many of these, Id rather the temp shoot up to 40 then deal with ice,

Filled in, coming down pretty good now. Roads should be ok there's a TON of material down.... If I had a dollar for every pound I put out so far tonight hmmmm I'd be sitting pretty lol

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

2am 13.3f

6am 14.7f

10am 19.2f

2pm 23.2f

6pm 23.7f

7pm 24.3f

8pm 25.2f

9pm 26.4f

10pm 27.1f

light ENE winds (occasionally backs to NE and N)

~1.25" snow

~.10" ice

And BTW...

in reviewing these observations, So much for the one skeptic on here who all day continued to comment/debate that the cold wouldn't hold! And, Good point you made Ralph in regard to the 12z Nam ENE wind profile!

Albeit I was not outspoken about it I thought the warm would have difficulty. The telling sign for me was the short range agreement on the ice signal. 

I am far too old and seen many too many of these situations to believe it would warm up as quickly as progged!

More often than not CAD locks in longer and/or a small LP develops southeast of us and keeps us in light NE/ENE winds as the noon NAM sniffed out.

29F 2am change to rain is on target?

29F 2am change to rain is on target?

It was forecasted to be earlier than that initially at least

Correct projected to be WAY earlier across the region NW of Philly...

In fact, NWS just extended (once again) the freezing rain advisory now until 3 am for philly metro...

Betting it's even later for you Red Sky!

I am far too old and seen many too many of these situations to believe it would warm up as quickly as progged!

More often than not CAD locks in longer and/or a small LP develops southeast of us and keeps us in light NE/ENE winds as the noon NAM sniffed out.

A small low pressure develops? Huh?

Edit - I thinki see what you are saying. Those ene winds are just north of the warm front

I been monitoring wunderground and can't figure how freezing temps are holding well south of DC with the strong south fetch between the low cutting west and the high east but Fort Dix in Jersey is 46F

DIX is far closer to the warm ocean than DC and winds are more out of the east up here. Just my thought

Archived