• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

Can we stop arguing about whether the surface low is over Binghampton or Syracuse (it's not btw), and discuss how far west 0c 850 makes it? LOL. You do understand Syracuse is at the SE end of Lake Ontario and not near Binghampton, right? Lol. Been watching postings all night while at work. I finally get a chance to post. 5 minutes before everyone goes to bed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we stop arguing about whether the surface low is over Binghampton or Syracuse (it's not btw), and discuss how far west 0c 850 makes it? LOL. You do understand Syracuse is at the SE end of Lake Ontario and not near Binghampton, right? Lol. Been watching postings all night while at work. I finally get a chance to post. 5 minutes before everyone goes to bed.

who's arguing bro?  and second , who are you asking where KSYR is BTW??

I wasn't giving attitude. I was trying to be funny. My experience has been, my limited education has been that the 850 0c line is rather important for snowfall. Didn't mean to touch a nerve. As an aside, this whole thing has pretty high bust potential as only a narrow swath looks to get the truly big totals. The middle region looks sweet right now, but with 24-36 hrs out, this thing could bless buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse. But, probably not 2 of the 3. Fun storm. Lots of back and forth.

I wasn't giving attitude. I was trying to be funny. My experience has been, my limited education has been that the 850 0c line is rather important for snowfall. Didn't mean to touch a nerve. As an aside, this whole thing has pretty high bust potential as only a narrow swath looks to get the truly big totals. The middle region looks sweet right now, but with 24-36 hrs out, this thing could bless buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse. But, probably not 2 of the 3. Fun storm. Lots of back and forth.

NP Dave, I'm good bro!  Enjoy the maps

Euro expands snowfall coverage by quite a bit. That being said, Rochester is literally its highest snowfall south of Canada. With, catch this Tim, 20". Wow. It also kisses Buf and Syracuse with significant (10"plus) snow. I wonder if the little lollipop over monroe county indicates just a touch of Lake enhancement?

Archived