• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something doesn't seem right wrt the GGEM as their snowfall output as it doesn't match the QPF output?? Once again I cant show you guys anything cause I cant post waht I want and its not even EURO data so somethings amiss.

Anyway, if the GGEM verifies, I will streak naked down my street, yelling a the top of my lungs, while doing so!

If this was a full pdase with both competing SW's this would be jack-potting KDET maybe even KFLT, lol!

Haha, yeah that thought occurred to me too. Depends how it all would come together I guess, but yeah...in a way the upstream shortwave is partially responsible for the amplification of the downstream shortwave and our strorm track. Good thing for all in that lucky narrow band; boring for everyone else :)

Something doesn't seem right wrt the GGEM as their snowfall output as it doesn't match the QPF output?? Once again I cant show you guys anything cause I cant post waht I want and its not even EURO data so somethings amiss.

Anyway, if the GGEM verifies, I will streak naked down my street, yelling a the top of my lungs, while doing so!

Not much of a wager if you live on a quiet country road. Unless there is video. And a post to instagram/twitter/fb.

Definitely one of the more interesting events of the season, as far as difficulty forecasting a storm track goes, that's fer sure. Usually there's a compromise wrt track, but not with this one, as models are competing , straight up until the event starts!  The one model that is worrying me is the RGEM, as its a solid model with some good scores, and when it and the EURO are in the same camp look-out, but this time this doesn't seem the case!

Looks like KBGM as well as KBUF are both waiting to pull the trigger on Adv's or Warnings.  Their actually that uncertain that their waiting till the day of the event to upgrade?  I think this is entirely to late for the general public and this is JMO, as 12 hrs isn't enough lead time for the general public to prepare, especially if kids and school are involved, so I don't know whats up with the NWS!

bgm.png

Incredible I tell ya, still Identical through 42 but perhaps a tick or two stronger at the surface but everything else is the same.  It has slowed a bit as well.  currently at hr 42 at there's a 997SLP in the eastern most section of WVA.  12Z was a bit North and 999

988 MB right at Syracuse. Looks like some high winds too.

Archived