Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fell midway between the 2/8/13 event with its 25.5 and the 1/27/15 event and its 18.0"....got about 22.0" on this last one. That's three *very* big snowstorms in four years...and more in the last 16 than I can even recall. This was the most boring of the three...the '13 one had the incredible 5 inch an hour stuff after the sun went down...and the '15 one had the wall of 4 inch an hour snow come in from the east after 2 AM...this one was very blasé.

Ok so solid but you have been so spoiled out there. I personally rated it below Boxing Day due to lesser winds though I had relatively greater amounts. 13 and 15 were I was, Nassau and NYC where much much lesser events. So overal number 5 I have experienced after 1. Presidents' Day 2, Towson Maryland 33" 2. Boxing Day, long beach ny 20" but epic winds 3. Boston area, 05 26" pretty epic winds 4. Blizzard of 96, wantagh ny 23" and 5. Blizzard of 2016, Manhattan NY 28" (Columbia/Barnard campus)

Ok so solid but you have been so spoiled out there. I personally rated it below Boxing Day due to lesser winds though I had relatively greater amounts. 13 and 15 were I was, Nassau and NYC where much much lesser events. So overal number 5 I have experienced after 1. Presidents' Day 2, Towson Maryland 33" 2. Boxing Day, long beach ny 20" but epic winds 3. Boston area, 05 26" pretty epic winds 4. Blizzard of 96, wantagh ny 23" and 5. Blizzard of 2016, Manhattan NY 28" (Columbia/Barnard campus)

Think of the 7 (seven) major ones between March 2009 and January 2011...parts of Long Island saw 26 inches in that 12/19/2009 storm...an event that is almost completely removed from the collective memory nowadays.

Archived