Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell DT that. 

Being a newb, I ask: Why is that? Surely running the model 30+ times and taking the mean would provide the best result? Sorry, I have NO clue how any of this works. Can someone please put it in layman's terms? Cheers/

the resolution on each of the ensemble members is less than the OP, which as you get closer to the event becomes more important

I know it's a different evolution but remember the 2015 March storm? Models consistently showed us and DC getting smoked, then models trended south 2 days before the event only to trend back N and bullseye us. Maybe it's recency bias, but I would favor a N trend over not. 

That being said, my concern level is high considering I am 25 miles NW of Philly

I know it's a different evolution but remember the 2015 March storm? Models consistently showed us and DC getting smoked, then models trended south 2 days before the event only to trend back N and bullseye us. Maybe it's recency bias, but I would favor a N trend over not. 

That being said, my concern level is high considering I am 25 miles NW of Philly

I'm 15 miles NW of Philly...I think we're fine for now. Elevation always helps as well...

I kinda dig this map and I think it will jack a bit N...which always seems to happen, The shore will most likely get screwed as usual (rain/mix)....super far N/W kinda gets screwed (too far away)....Philly, local burbs of Philly look pretty good right now. We'll see...

We'll see about the shore as we always expect mixing, but always get last licks of snow as storms like this pull away, moisture in place and a North wind. This may not pull away until early Sunday morning for Jersey coast.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

We'll see about the shore as we always expect mixing, but always get last licks of snow as storms like this pull away, moisture in place and a North wind. This may not pull away until early Sunday morning for Jersey coast.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I always hope for the shore guys! Places inland get screwed but I know shore people get hosed way more. I would be bald by now if I lived down there....

fwiw, Wunderground just downgraded its totals from 12+ to 8-12 in my area. I'm sure that's just algorithm it runs on as it wavers more than a politician! Still don't like seeing that....wonder what the basis is?

It really means nothing...they are computer generated/wishy-wash at best...even on the day of the event. Take it w/a grain of salt...

In Toms River....it most certainly should

And potentially 30 miles inland as well, we'll see how much cold air comes down vs. ocean air, makes for rain and pretty good snow potential, always enjoy the conflict. So glad I bought my son in law a snow blower for his place in Quakertown, I was afraid I may have jinxed winter

Archived