Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forestdale, MA went out to the early lead for snowfall accumulations with the Blizzard of 2005.  23" within the first 9 hours of the storm.  However the band that dumped all of the snow on Taunton dumped 5"/hour before it went off the coast over Barnstable county and produced 8"/75 minutes over Plymouth county.  Duration the Blizzard of 2015 beats out 2005, but severity the 2005 storm beats out the Blizzard of 2015.   I wish we had a forum back then in 2005 that would could have archived like we did with the blizzard of 2015.

Forestdale, MA went out to the early lead for snowfall accumulations with the Blizzard of 2005.  23" within the first 9 hours of the storm.  However the band that dumped all of the snow on Taunton dumped 5"/hour before it went off the coast over Barnstable county and produced 8"/75 minutes over Plymouth county.  Duration the Blizzard of 2015 beats out 2005, but severity the 2005 storm beats out the Blizzard of 2015.   I wish we had a forum back then in 2005 that would could have archived like we did with the blizzard of 2015.

EasternUSWx and WrightWeather were the 2 forums that I knew that were really active at that time.  I was not a member atthe time but did browse each one.

Dec 03?

Pretty sure we were still on WWBB for that. Marcus had Eastern up briefly for Isabel in Sep 03 when WWBB was down for the count. Then he dumped OT and eastern's OT took over in summer/fall 04, but most people still posted wx over there. Finally the wx migration began Dec 04/Jan 05.

Pretty sure we were still on WWBB for that. Marcus had Eastern up briefly for Isabel in Sep 03 when WWBB was down for the count. Then he dumped OT and eastern's OT took over in summer/fall 04, but most people still posted wx over there. Finally the wx migration began Dec 04/Jan 05.

ok I thought I joined in Nov 03, maybe it was 04, sucks we lost that DB

NEMO also a great matured satellite presentation. It just seems like the ideal pressure for a nor'easter for Cape Cod snowfall is anywhere between 970-985mb, anything any stronger and we mix, anything any weaker, we get snow, but not 30"

Definitely some truth to that if the storm is stronger (lower pressure) because it is more mature and has had more time to injest warm air.

But I'm sure if you had a super bomb that was sub 970 but still rapidly depening you would still be snow

I would go with about 32" for the Blizzard of 2015 here in Harwich, MA. Unofficial amount according to my front yard measurements.

How do you measure snow in those winds? Serious question...what do you personally do to try and accurately measure it? I'd think you definitely need a circular snow fence with a stake in the middle or something right? Or a bucket with a wind-screen?

Archived