• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I can verify that.  I would say not quite 3"/hr. here a couple miles west of airport.  

Damn I'm good. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/NWSBuffalo/?fref=nf

Heavy ‪#‎LakeEffectSnow‬ has moved into the city of ‪#‎Buffalo‬ right on cue. We just measured 1" of new snow between 5:28pm and 5:50pm, which is about a 3"/hr snowfall rate!

Looks like Syracuse airport may have been the winner off Ontario with 15.4" since yesterday night. Still not exactly sure why BUF was thinking 24-30" for Fulton, but either way a learning experience. 

Good to see Buffalo getting real snow after an abysmal start this year. 

Wow, they got that much at Syracuse, judging by radar it didn't look that intense or long duration.

Wow, they got that much at Syracuse, judging by radar it didn't look that intense or long duration.

Airport is about 10 miles north of the city. Makes a huge differance.

This is true. The airport saw 13.5" since midnight today, and snow ended right around 1PM for them. That translates to about 1"/hr average but I'm sure there was some heavier snow during the morning into rush hour. While it wasn't strong for LES standards, it was intense enough and relatively stable over Northern Onondaga county which allowed for those totals.

For reference, Oswego saw about 2" yesterday from the squalls and another 4" today as the LES lifted north for a total of just under 6". We'll probably see 12" totals along I-81 north of Pulaski tonight. 

Looks like things are picking back up your way ayuud. Can't get a feel what that band wants to do. Definitely getting some shear in it but still holding strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm estimating another hour or so before this thing lifts all the way up to the Tonawanda's, we shall see..

Looks like things are picking back up your way ayuud. Can't get a feel what that band wants to do. Definitely getting some shear in it but still holding strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's too bad that low NW of us is wrecking havoc on the band, if we didn't have that who knows what the actual rates would've been.

Archived