joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another quick roughly inch of rain. Guess will see when we do it all over again. Luckily the severe threat was significantly overplayed for here immediately....just rain. But, other places have had more severe storms.

Pretty meh here with just some brief heavy rain. The line seemed to become fragmented and disorganized as it moved through DFW. Certainly not the bowing MCS with wide spread damaging winds that was being discussed earlier this morning.

The line was pretty solid until it got closer to here, I think what killed it until it got east of Dallas were all the storms developing down south, killed the moisture return until it out ran the southern storms. It wasn't as muggy as it was earlier prior to all those storms developing.

I ended up with 3.51"... Seemed like it was lightning and rumbling all night. On the way to work early this morning, I drove through standing water on 2978 through the Tomball area. Fortunately traffic was very light early this morning.

There were a lot of abandoned cars just randomly scattered along the Sam Houston West side feeder road between Richmond and Westpark. It looks like some people tried to drive up on the grass too and got stuck trying to get around the high water last night....just bizarre seeing cars in the middle of the road with 4 ways on and no one around them after the wate went down.

Yeah the storms were a solid line until they approached Tarrant, and then something just destroyed the heck out of them. What hit me was largely falling apart from the first line, and the rest of the first line only really hit Collin/Denton counties. The second line coming up from the southwest did get me fairly good though.

Maybe the right thread this time? Watch out until 5:00 am...

CF-pP4lW0AEDeve.png

The DFW area is plenty juiced up this evening

FWD.gif

It's the I-20 special again, wouldn't expect anything north of that line and not sure why they have it including areas just north.

Heavy thunderstorm with constant lightning woke me up at 4:30 this morning. I got 3.64" of rain in about an hour...about as much as Monday evening except quicker. Reports of roads flooding and water rescues on the news. This was heading into Houston so I'm waiting this one out for a while before heading into work.

12Z NAM 4k spits out 8"+ for portions of Collin County today... Lake Lavon is sitting at +11' I put zero confidence in that one model run but there would be some major issues this evening if it did verify (obviously)

Perhaps they could remove the Stage 3 Watering Restrictions?  Not that anybody's yard needs watering now.

The concern for the next couple of days looks to be somewhat similar to what happened yesterday/overnight. With low heights, plenty of moisture, a surface focus, and subtle disturbances in SW flow aloft, storms will likely spring up out west in somewhat disorganized clusters (now that the shear is lower) during daytime heating and then congeal into an MCS that propagates eastwards overnight. It's no synoptic Maddox event that'll dump 5"+ over wide swaths of land, but heavy rain will at least locally be dropped and could aggravate flooding even more.

Archived