• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare

Coach McGuirk

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021015-738779-climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism.htm#ixzz3RUzoPxUx 
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

That's a really weird thing to say.

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021015-738779-climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism.htm#ixzz3RUzoPxUx 

Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

That's a really weird thing to say.

Is this a joke? Yes, the goal is to change the economic development model. The goal is to change it from one based on fossil fuels to one that is not. Why? Because climate change threatens the biological and physical characteristics of the planet that our current system is based upon.

I don't see the issue. There is no mention of getting rid of capitalism. That is McCarthy-esque scare mongering. Reducing emissions can and should be done in a market economy with a market approach.

Finally, even if this Figueres woman was an anti-capitalist, the idea that she speaks for all of the science and politics on the issue is absurd (really more like moronic). I've read 1000s of scientific and non-scientific articles on climate change and I've never even heard of her. Why does her opinion matter at all, even if she was an anti-capitalist (and it's not at all clear from the out of context quotes that she is an anti-capitalist). 

Is this a joke? Yes, the goal is to change the economic development model. The goal is to change it from one based on fossil fuels to one that is not. Why? Because climate change threatens the biological and physical characteristics of the planet that our current system is based upon.

I don't see the issue. There is no mention of getting rid of capitalism. That is McCarthy-esque scare mongering. Reducing emissions can and should be done in a market economy with a market approach.

Finally, even if this Figueres woman was an anti-capitalist, the idea that she speaks for all of the science and politics on the issue is absurd (really more like moronic). I've read 1000s of scientific and non-scientific articles on climate change and I've never even heard of her. Why does her opinion matter at all, even if she was an anti-capitalist (and it's not at all clear from the out of context quotes that she is an anti-capitalist). 

Keep apologizing for big government. 

Your approach is lol'tastic because the political and economic implications of AGW are not related to the climate impacts or the warranted amount of alarmism (as a protective measure).

Climate change is real, don't deny it because it disagrees (inhibits systematic functioning) with your ideology or religion.

Biology has a place for species that refuse to adapt to a changing environment. That would be the void of extinction. I suspect the same is true for human groups and ideologies.

They will simply become redundant and forgotten, or cancerous, taking down the entire human race with them.

Anyone who replies to this thread to criticize posters and not the OP should immediately log off for good.

I read the article a couple of days ago.  I chuckled and moved on.  This forum used to be full of educational facts and theories.  Its becoming mostly demeaning comments, ridiculous predictions, and insults. 

My point is that the UN wants to change the economic model.  We can be clean energy while maintaining capitalism. 

You're the only one in this thread who thinks that the economic model was one of capitalism.  It seems everyone else understands what was being spoken of was an economic model based on fossil fuels.  But continue to drum up your own outrage, I guess.

Archived