Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, the GFS shows Boston getting another 1.19" qpf from 18z through the duration of the storm. That would bring the storm total precipitation there to 1.51".

Don, is this the greatest that Boston was ever ahead of Philly for seasonal snowfall during a non La Nina year?

For Boston? Over here, not much. Some sleet and freezing rain for northwestern NJ to southwestern Connecticut with perhaps an inch or two of snow at the end (probably north of NYC). Dutchess, Orange, and Rockland Counties might see 3"-6" snow with locally higher amounts.

Hey Don, what about Northern Westchester?

I don't know; when I first learned about this stuff...if you were on the right side (right as in correct or colder) of a quasi-stationary arctic front  / wind shift line in the middle of winter and a wave rode along it...you would usually get some good snows and maybe some other frozen precip...

No doubt there is serious shallow arctic air trying to bleed down here; 23 F at Providence...just 15 F at Boston....as long as a NE wind blows...you would think its got to work in.

No doubt there is serious shallow arctic air trying to bleed down here; 23 F at Providence...just 15 F at Boston....as long as a NE wind blows...you would think its got to work in.

I agree this bad boy is all about wind direction. We saw that big time with the last storm. Funny how the 18z gfs shows no rain for Long Island now

At 5PM the 0 C isotherm @ 850 MB runs from about New London CT over to northern Westchester County...the 0 C line @ 925 MB runs from the N. Fork of LI over to Cos Cob CT...so the critical lines are very close to the area.

Archived