Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Southern Ontario Spring 2015 Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Mesoscale analysis shows the storm currently on the border of Indiana and Ohio at 1002mb. 

Anybody know what the 21z SREF mean was? 

QPF mean was 0.57" 

For snowfall accumulations, mean was 15.5" with the lowest member being 11.3"

Essentially the same as the last couple runs with a tad less QPF (~0.05" less).

In order for flake size to spike above this 10:1 powder were going to need to see the defo band push a little further North.

Some decent returns just south of the area. Should start creeping up north. Had a nice mini deformation band for about 30 minutes earlier. Huge flake size and reduced visibility. Up to 5.5cm now. hbu? 

QPF mean was 0.57" 

For snowfall accumulations, mean was 15.5" with the lowest member being 11.3"

Essentially the same as the last couple runs with a tad less QPF (~0.05" less).

SREF has been consistent on showing heavier amounts. At this point it seems unlikely but we'll see. Were going to need to get those ratios up. 

Some decent returns just south of the area. Should start creeping up north. Had a nice mini deformation band for about 30 minutes earlier. Huge flake size and reduced visibility. Up to 5.5cm now. hbu? 

Somewhere in the ballpark of 2" but its very tough to tell with all the blowing/drifting.

Somewhere in the ballpark of 2" but its very tough to tell with all the blowing/drifting.

I closed off my snow board with a barrier around it in hopes of eliminating any drifting on my board. I don't know how efficient it will be, but lets see. 

The radar is showing signs of a possible deformation setting up around YYZ? 

Wonder where mike is.

Snowing good here. I'd say about 2" so far but hard to tell with all the blowing and drifting.

Superbowl party. Back now. Almost impossible to accurately gauge with all the blowing and drifting but I think about 4cm is good here in central Etobicoke.

Not getting WestCoaster's pessimism. Everywhere upstream started as pixie dust and transitioned to better ratio fluff. We've got 12-14 hrs more of snow to come. Looks like 15-25cm should be a good # for the city.

Archived