amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Southern Ontario Spring 2015 Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is nothing near Feb 2013. That system had I think ~ 8 hours of straight +SN reports from YYZ? Not to mention 35 cm dump (a good 10-15 cm over what we'll see from this storm) which didn't wind up until late day.

Winds are much stronger with this system. Lot of factors come into play. Doubt universities will be closed. But public/catholic schools...maybe. 

All Toronto schools were closed on February 2, 2011 during the GHD storm that never fully materialized. 8-12" of snow was forecast, but only 5" fell. Mind you, the boards made the decision to close the day before.

The dry slot killed us and the lack of any decent ratios with that storm. 

All Toronto schools were closed on February 2, 2011 during the GHD storm that never fully materialized. 8-12" of snow was forecast, but only 5" fell. Mind you, the boards made the decision to close the day before.

How's it looking downtown? I was at Dufferin and King earlier. Seems like amounts are pretty uniformish (~5cm down).

Im right on the southern periphery of the band so its a mix of pixie dust/larger plates. It seems to be moving in an W-E direction right between the 401 and 407.

It's been coming down quite moderately to at times heavy for the past 2 hours in my area. Will likely hit that 10cm mark by 1am. Nice flake size as well with slightly lighter winds now.

Archived