amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Southern Ontario Spring 2015 Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting close to calling it a night and seeing if things improve around 4am. Even if we maintain this 1 cm/hr type snow the rest of the way (which is very unlikely), should still yield totals north of 15cm.

That dry slot worked its way to Sarnia. What are the chances it impacts us? Im also debating doing the same, wake up around 5-6am and hopefully catch the tail end of the heavy snow. 

Looks great YHM!

Legit visibility drop here the last 10 minutes. Moderate snow. Flake size increased too.

Great pics Dave!

Thanks guys! Really surprised how well this is turning out locally (and even more on a synoptic scale for S ON). Definitely surpasses the "blizzard" of last March and Feb 8th 2013. Only other I can think that matches this is Feb 07.

Just as things were starting to ramp up, we hit another lull. Now there's an area of 30 dbz returns moving overhead, and I'm still not managing anything other than garden variety -SN.

I was optimistic earlier but attm I think it's safe to move away from expecting the higher end amounts from working out for Toronto. Looks like about 6 or 7".

Yeah, there was a delay between the ground truth and the radar for w/e reason. Now back to moderate snow. Would at some point like these more impressive returns to start yielding +SN.

Definitely not quite +SN. I notice this especially when the winds die down. The wind makes it seem heavier than it is. If this were the daytime this would cause absolute chaos on the roads.

Getting ready to go out and shovel.  Total guesstimate is 30 cms+.   I usually shovel out the back patio and deck for our dog to do her business, but it's crazy back there - the back of the house faces SW and took the snow and wind basically head-on.   Not sure what I'll do because the drifts are at least 2 ft or more....

Hard to believe but a plow has done our cul-de-sac.   The pile at the end of the driveway is huge - waist high.    Figuring the driveway will take an hour at least to make a pathway out.   Still snowing now but the end is near.   Best synoptic snow in years. 

Archived