Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Southern Ontario Spring 2015 Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news for the TO weenies. It's starting to crank up here. Flake size has increased from the pixie dust earlier and the winds have picked up as well. This is what I envisioned SSC would be driving in if he was returning to London, so good thing he is staying put. I see some major returns on the Exeter radarjust to the SW of the city. It appears from radar that some of the better snow seems to fade just as it approaches the city over the last few hours, so we'll see if this heavier snow survives the trip into London. Probably 3-4" down now.

If the storm can maintain the current trajectories and intensity thru the night, we should have some fairly impressive totals in this part of Ontario. Best guess is 6 inches down now and it's just nasty out. Like that the snow still extends to west of L. Michigan. Visibility is hard to judge. As long as I can see the houses across the street which are about 200 ft. away, I figure it is still OK.

Pretty much impossible to tell how much snow is down, especially since the old snow from the last system is now dried out and powdery/driftable too, but I'd say 2.0 cm here. Kind of disappointed so far to be honest. I don't see us hitting 10"... just looks like all the best returns skirt by to the south, no real interesting bands setting up.

Winds have been interesting and lots of drifting snow but visibilities are still pretty decent. The flake size is so small it's ridiculous. Too small to really give us those big accumulations some of us are hoping for. Seems pretty run-of-the-mill for a Canadian snowstorm.

Parents in Oakville reporting 21cm so far. May be somewhat inflated by drifting but seems possible. They've been getting plastered by lake enhanced feeder bands since around 5pm.

Only around 6cm or so down here so far. Flakes just haven't been able to stack up. Winds and blowing snow the highlights. Still plenty to go!

Archived