• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Lawn thread Part 2

Damage In Tolland

Oh then yeah that'll work. That should provide them a good base to gow.

Leaves are acidic..so that's why he told you to lime. use lime pellets..not the white powder.

I would wait till spring cuz you'll risk erosion or animals eating the seed now since it won't germinate

Yeah--I wouldn't seed until spring. Do you think it matters if the lime goes down now vs. spring?

Yesterday, was planning a full weekend day of final leaf cleanup as the whole yard was covered for the third time this year. Quite a surprise this morning: all the wind last night blew 90% of the yard completely bare! Amazing considering how soaked the leaves were after all the rain tuesday night/wednesday morning. All that's left is a couple small piles in corners near the house where the wind swirled and left them. May not need more than a few hours for the last cleanup after all :thumbsup:

Then let the snowflakes fly!...

Is everyone done with leaves/fall fertilizing/mowing other than Cweat?

The wind yesterday (gusts to 35) blew some leaves back onto my lawn so those will need to be taken care of before the snow this weekend (:weenie:).

Had a question for you - I overseeded in September and spread starter fertilizer .. emptied the whole bag on the lawn as I don't like keeping fertilizer over the winter. Question is, is it not a good idea to spread the winterizer after having applied the starter fertilizer only a couple months ago?

The lawn is getting browner and more dead looking with each freeze. Dull green to brown now generally.... The fields here are now going yellowish brown as the new growth that occurred in September after the cutting is now dying off fast. Clearly we need snow because the landscape looks ugly now without it.

We have a nice respite from the mud (for today at least) with things frozen pretty good last night. I had about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice on the horse's water troughs.

Is everyone done with leaves/fall fertilizing/mowing other than Cweat?

The wind yesterday (gusts to 35) blew some leaves back onto my lawn so those will need to be taken care of before the snow this weekend (:weenie:).

Had a question for you - I overseeded in September and spread starter fertilizer .. emptied the whole bag on the lawn as I don't like keeping fertilizer over the winter. Question is, is it not a good idea to spread the winterizer after having applied the starter fertilizer only a couple months ago?

Did the grass germinate yet..and if so did you mow it 2-3 times?

If not..you'd be ok to out it down..but DO NOT put any weed killer on newly seeded/germinated grass until it's been mowed 2-3 times

Did the grass germinate yet..and if so did you mow it 2-3 times?

If not..you'd be ok to out it down..but DO NOT put any weed killer on newly seeded/germinated grass until it's been mowed 2-3 times

Oh, yeah, the grass is grown and was mowed a couple of times. No worries on the weed killer - weeds don't grow this time of year. Just wasn't sure about over-fertilizing.

• 1 year later...

It's bad when I'm posting in the lawn thread on December 1.

But, I'm finally getting my leaves cleared today. Almost forgot what my lawn looked like. :) If we should come into a couple mild days, is it too late to put down any winter fertilizer stuff? Does that need to get watered in? If so, I'll need to do it before a rain storm.

It's bad when I'm posting in the lawn thread on December 1.

But, I'm finally getting my leaves cleared today. Almost forgot what my lawn looked like. :) If we should come into a couple mild days, is it too late to put down any winter fertilizer stuff? Does that need to get watered in? If so, I'll need to do it before a rain storm.

Throw it down, we are going to torch like crazy this month no worries.

Archived