• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014-2015 Winter Sports thread

Jonger

Bo, are the trails still snow covered in the Huron mountain area and what is the gating situation post- March 31st?

12-15" still here in the N Huron's (mainly in the woods),and trails are flowing water in a lot of the lower spots.  lots of fresh snow this weekend for locals but I would say definitely not worth a road trip.  I believe gates are open until mid/late April.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo, are the trails still snow covered in the Huron mountain area and what is the gating situation post- March 31st?

Head west Jonger, you can be to Albany WY in 18-19 hrs and have 100"+ to play in. Plus the trail riding out there is great if that's your thing. The snow should be setting up enough so you could still play off trail also. No gates to worry about closing and only a $35 trail pass. Would be a great year to do it with all the snow they have gotten this season.

Head west Jonger, you can be to Albany WY in 18-19 hrs and have 100"+ to play in. Plus the trail riding out there is great if that's your thing. The snow should be setting up enough so you could still play off trail also. No gates to worry about closing and only a $35 trail pass. Would be a great year to do it with all the snow they have gotten this season.

I have my own 3 place trailer... Perhaps we can meet up next year and head out. I'll have to put a 2 inch paddle on.

I'm hoping that after Tuesday night that the Pigeon River State Forest has enough to ride. Trails are open all year there and I know about 100 miles worth of fire trails and other fun. Would head up Wednesday morning for the day.

• 2 months later...

Didn't expect this thread to get bumped for awhile. I know it's coming when I see the banner from the Snowmobile Show at the Suburban Collection Showplace. They usually pop that up in mid October, the show is in early November.

Archived