• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

2 much disappointment. I hope ILN goes w/ no advisories. Then mayb our luck will change!

well OHweather isn't impressed with CMH's chances either....last time he said that was last year when a system was incoming and we were also riding the thermal edge ....we ended up with 10".....    so maybe that's a good sign? :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well as I suspected and continue to believe, this one just isn't ours.  Even though the nam came in a bit colder, it refuses to give us anything respectable and the plumes are at 1.8" at 15z, and have been going down with each run.  

Final call:  1.5" on the ground when said and done, although CMH might record higher amounts due to the mixy nature.   I suppose ILN will put out advisories for counties either side of I-70.

stamp it!

well OHweather isn't impressed with CMH's chances either....last time he said that was last year when a system was incoming and we were also riding the thermal edge ....we ended up with 10".....    so maybe that's a good sign? :lol:

:lmao:

I think with this one it looks a little clearer that CMH will be on the wrong side of things for at least half the storm. The models do continue to slow things down a little which may allow more precip to affect CMH after they drop to freezing or colder. I generously put them in 2-4" yesterday and expected the low end...I do think the low end is still very doable, although higher totals still north of town a little bit.

:lmao:

I think with this one it looks a little clearer that CMH will be on the wrong side of things for at least half the storm. The models do continue to slow things down a little which may allow more precip to affect CMH after they drop to freezing or colder. I generously put them in 2-4" yesterday and expected the low end...I do think the low end is still very doable, although higher totals still north of town a little bit.

you know I was mess'n with you.   But I agree with your thoughts 100%, in fact you may be too bullish for us...lol

Never felt this one.  Still don't.   What makes it even more frustrating than usual is the track is gorgeous for a big CMH clipper event and yet warmth of all things is screwing it up.   I mean are you kidding me?  A track thru KY in late January and we'll be dealing with temp issues?

I'm sticking with 1.5"....but a messy 1.5"

Only good news is the later week clipper is already trending south, probably because of the big northeast storm getting modeled better.

Let's see how THAT clipper falls apart.

Interesting that, so far, it's been pretty much all snow in Columbus. I really expected it to begin as rain and stay rain until later this evening. ILN's update offers a glimmer of hope that the mix line may stay *JUST* south of I-70 and perhaps closer to the Franklin/Pickaway County line. If that's true, we may end up seeing the higher end of the forecast range rather than the lower. Still plenty of time for the warmth to nudge enough north to mix or change over, though.

you know I was mess'n with you. But I agree with your thoughts 100%, in fact you may be too bullish for us...lol

Never felt this one. Still don't. What makes it even more frustrating than usual is the track is gorgeous for a big CMH clipper event and yet warmth of all things is screwing it up. I mean are you kidding me? A track thru KY in late January and we'll be dealing with temp issues?

I'm sticking with 1.5"....but a messy 1.5"

Only good news is the later week clipper is already trending south, probably because of the big northeast storm getting modeled better.

Let's see how THAT clipper falls apart.

I know haha. OSU for a time had moderate snow with a temp of 33, but OSU and CMH have both warmed to 35 now. You may ride the line for several hours before finally changing to snow. One concern is once you do change over, if it's not that heavy it may take a while to really start accumulating. Your 1.5" call would look good if that's the case.

Yep, I'm sitting at 35 with nary a flurry.  Was mixing earlier today, but turned to straight rain around 2 and I haven't seen a flake since.  Starting to look like a few inches for you guys up north and slush for anyone south of 70.

Wow....raining in Pickerngton really ? Snow in westerville, ground whitened up and roads getting slushy. If those heavier returns to the sw can get in here we should start getting some better accums.....liking my 1.5" call...

Archived