• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
How does this summer stack up

Ginx snewx

Lol I didn't say you needed 95/74 (although for the real big time stuff it definitely helps) but 72/50 isn't going to cut it.

It's difficult for me to even remember how many days we actually had a real unstable air mass.

I was just exaggerating a bit, but IMBY..we missed a lot of chances from timing or just bad luck. Nature of convection I guess.  I agree the setup overall certainly didn't favor an active summer...but eastern areas of SNE really missed out overall...sans a few episodes such as the revere tornado.

How about the dew points? I felt like June and July were rather muggy a good amount of the time even if we weren't hitting 90's.

Also terrible. For me, this was the worst summer I can recall. The one severe storm in town that did all sorts of damage I was away for, most days were dry and cool, very little humidity, 6-9 inch rainfall deficit.. Boring wx, no excitement, cold nights.. Just an awful last few months . Again .. From my perspective. And to add insult to injury.. The wx we wNted all summer shows up in Sept when we don't want it

The summer of COC

NUMBER OF DAYS FAIR 67

NUMBER OF DAYS PC 16

NUMBER OF DAYS CLOUDY 9

Ave RH. 59

Also terrible. For me, this was the worst summer I can recall. The one severe storm in town that did all sorts of damage I was away for, most days were dry and cool, very little humidity, 6-9 inch rainfall deficit.. Boring wx, no excitement, cold nights.. Just an awful last few months . Again .. From my perspective. And to add insult to injury.. The wx we wNted all summer shows up in Sept when we don't want it

I must have the worst reaction to humidity on the planet, or my house really holds it in there more than I thought becauase I remember numerous sticky days in the beginning and middle of the season.

Is there anyone here who wants high heat and dews in Sept out of season? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many if at all.

It's been hot but it always gets hot at some point in September. There's always a lag with summer trying to push into the fall months...some years it stays longer than others.

But plenty of us were fine with this summer's weather, that's what I was referencing when you said we (the weather we all wanted all summer, etc...). I just don't get how you can want heat and humidity one day, then the next want crisp and cold just because the month on the calendar switched. It should be a gradual thing, no?

Archived