Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're too late, I'm already gone.  Yesterday's wind blew me away ;)

Been gusty for the past couple days....nice stuff.

Internet doesn't have a location....

I'm gonna guess that Ray was in Ewing for a couple of days, based on his rainfall observation from Saturday....

Lots of small sticks to pick up, from the wind. Sunday was a nice sample of winter type post-storm weather, the sound of the wind and all.

Only managed 36.7 at the 'rents.  Lowest so far has been 32.7 back on October 20th.  The growing season marches on til... this weekend?

Maybe even till early next week?

I'm hoping for a couple more weeks of at least grass growing weather - have some youngins I seeded Oct, 15th and 20th, they're up, but need a little more time please :). My understanding is that (cool season) grasses go dormant once the ground temp. gets down to the low 40's for a few days in a row.

Haven't turned on the heat yet...seeing how far into the year I can go.

Heh...if I would have tried to hold off on using the heat during any of the chillier days/nights in the past few weeks, my wife would have taken control of the thermostat.  Although, even without the wife's input I likely would have given in a few times when the nights were in the mid-30's and high temps were lower than 55.  I'm not real fond of indoor temps lower than 65.

Been along time since i had a significant(4"+) snowfall in November, My memory says 1995. This month has the ingredients to do it.

You may have cashed in on 11/29/1995.  Most of I-95 was below 4".  For that area, the last 4"+ November storm was Thanksgiving 1989.  Of course, not far east of there including NYC, there was the big dump from just 2 years ago.

You may have cashed in on 11/29/1995.  Most of I-95 was below 4".  For that area, the last 4"+ November storm was Thanksgiving 1989.  Of course, not far east of there including NYC, there was the big dump from just 2 years ago.

That was the one Ray, 4" imby kicked off the great winter of 1995-96. Just flurries for the post Sandy blitz, no power or internet kept my mind off missing that one.

We also received over 4" of snow 2 years ago on the 27th. Since 1983 here is a list of largest November storms in Chester County

11/11/87 - 4.7"

11/23/89 - 4.6"

11/29/95 - 3.7"

11/27/2012 - 4.5"

The largest November Snowstorm on record here in Chester County was the 9.5" that fell on 11/15/1906

i think thats the one it started the night before? i remember leaving the bar after last call and drove home sliding all over the place.

i think thats the one it started the night before? i remember leaving the bar after last call and drove home sliding all over the place.

Snow started @ABE around 1AM but didn't get underway in earnest until closer to 3AM.  BTW, this was a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning system so...  you were out that late on a week night? ;)

We also received over 4" of snow 2 years ago on the 27th. Since 1983 here is a list of largest November storms in Chester County

11/11/87 - 4.7"

11/23/89 - 4.6"

11/29/95 - 3.7"

11/27/2012 - 4.5"

The largest November Snowstorm on record here in Chester County was the 9.5" that fell on 11/15/1906

I can't remember that one just two years ago, must have been a lighter snow here. Maybe Ray knows how much fell for Philly?

Snow started @ABE around 1AM but didn't get underway in earnest until closer to 3AM.  BTW, this was a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning system so...  you were out that late on a week night? ;)

wednesday night before thanksgiving, big night out plus i was much younger then :)

maybe i'm thinking of another turkey day event. it was in 80's fir sure.

must be this one:11/23/89 - 4.6"

Archived