Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/27 Forecast Threats

am19psu

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at h5 at 0Z Jan 8

Heights and surface low depth/position similar. An important difference however was the amplitude of the trof that allowed abundant gulf moisture to be incorporated. Interesting that storm didn't have the prettiest upper level evolution, which helped keep the ptype primarily snow.

About the January 1996 H500 mb map, the GGEM has that favorable look to it, minus the cutoff low, with the super amplifed trough digging, and likely to phase with the southern and northern stream, the shortwave in the prime spot for the sfc low to just undergo rapid explosive deepening once the trough goes negative; now just give the GGEM a cutoff low, we will be perhaps going absolutely bonkers.

It will be quite interesting for the ECMWF to follow suit.

It is valid 0z Sunday, look at the run time stamp, 0hr 12-20-2010, valid December 26

post-382-0-35751400-1292825129.png

Not unless I am missing something, which you are right, it is getting late

yes that one is valid and shows what appears to be the uk leading to a suppressed ots solution again. The other metrocentre site map i posted was old. (i deleted)

better than 12z, not as bas as i first thought. Still likely a miss for our area nj/nyc.

i dont know- there is a closed h5 low in the ohio valley....i would think that would keep the SLP closer to the coast...and the trough is trying to go neg. I think the next panle would be pretty good considering its 144hrs out.

Archived