Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a winter where everything was seemingly going right with the snow every seven days things and all, everything went wrong on it's last leg with the ECM's 4 march long range "threats"

It was a great winter for snow lovers...but I did believe we would all (including north of Philly) get a nice snow event in March to wrap up the season...with all the cold air that has been around and the multiple storm threats on the table.  Of course, it's possible (not likely, but possible) that something could still happen in the next few weeks.  While relatively rare, there have been snow events of 5" to 10" in the March 31 to April 7 time frame in the Philly suburbs (i.e. 1982, 1997, 2003).

It was a great winter for snow lovers...but I did believe we would all (including north of Philly) get a nice snow event in March to wrap up the season...with all the cold air that has been around and the multiple storm threats on the table.  Of course, it's possible (not likely, but possible) that something could still happen in the next few weeks.  While relatively rare, there have been snow events of 5" to 10" in the March 31 to April 7 time frame in the Philly suburbs (i.e. 1982, 1997, 2003).

I think we're in for a pattern change which, while perhaps not torch warm, will put an effective end to our snow threats.

Ok...with these fleeting flurries...

I've officially flipped my Spring switch to "ON"!!!

Such an enjoyable winter (despite the last month's frustrations)...

We can only hope for anything even close to this for winter 2014-2015 and beyond!!

18Z GFS with 2 April threats muuaaahahahaa

This is snow drought day in Philly.   Never any measurable snow on this date in modern record.   It is about 3 more

weeks until the next such day.

Another spring day starting out in the teens.    Nice to see a good bit of the .8" of snow still left around including

some little snow drifts in the open areas.

Edit - tomorrow the 28th is snow drought day in PHL (thought/hoped this was Friday)

This is snow drought day in Philly.   Never any measurable snow on this date in modern record.   It is about 3 more

weeks until the next such day.

Another spring day starting out in the teens.    Nice to see a good bit of the .8" of snow still left around including

some little snow drifts in the open areas.

Still a fair amount here in shaded areas.

Archived