Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In almost all cases too we see these nudge north towards the event. We are in fantastic shape, and I think dt's first call of 8-14 is really good, and about what I'd go with.

One thing I continue to hear about this event is the amount of moisture that will be available. Possible we see the qpf rise as we get closer as well. Even if it does tick south or stay put we should still be in a very good spot. 

I am not an artist or Photoshop master

Too low on the amounts and the not enough gradient. Washington and Southern Allegheny will be up over 12" and up towards Wexford\Cranberry maybe 10-12" I think 6" for this is wishful thinking(depending on your point of view).  Looks to be the storm of the Winter for us and then hopefully more seasonal March temps and snowfall. Enough of this 5 degree, blowing snow crap.

Too low on the amounts and the not enough gradient. Washington and Southern Allegheny will be up over 12" and up towards Wexford\Cranberry maybe 10-12" I think 6" for this is wishful thinking(depending on your point of view). Looks to be the storm of the Winter for us and then hopefully more seasonal March temps and snowfall. Enough of this 5 degree, blowing snow crap.

Hahah I can't stop laughing about the 5 degree blowing snow crap-lol

I am gonna try and stop obsessing over every model run. Good thing I will be out later and wont constantly read every post. I think like everyone said we see 6+ hopefully we can get some good banding and maybe get a foot+.

Well every model run is going to wiggle here or there. We are in for a foot of snow give or take a cpl of inches from Greene county to Butler county line.  I expect Winter Storm Warnings in a bit.  Gas stations were packed and my local Giant Eagle, no salt.  I think if you have something to do better get it done by tomorrow afternoon. Sunday it will be treacherous to be out on the roads and I think into Monday early afternoon before the plows can really get a handle on things.

No. Tp. At supermarkets. By noon. And. Wtae say salt is short in supply. Put a foot plus of snow. Below zero temps. And we have a monstrosity. In the city. Monday am. - wend or even Thursday. DT. Is a pretty good weather person. He is a pri-- though. ..and he gets so mad when he is wrong. But if he bacame smooth like jb. He would be on a net work

Too low on the amounts and the not enough gradient. Washington and Southern Allegheny will be up over 12" and up towards WexfordCranberry maybe 10-12" I think 6" for this is wishful thinking(depending on your point of view). Looks to be the storm of the Winter for us and then hopefully more seasonal March temps and snowfall. Enough of this 5 degree, blowing snow crap.

Wow first map I ever made or attempted to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not an artist or Photoshop master

This map is pretty close to my current thinking.  If anything, I am concerned that this could be overdone.  Southward trend is a concern.  However, until Euro ensemble spread goes down (ensembles not out yet on Euro site), anything's possible IMO.

I don't know how they compute snowfall on those Euro snowfall maps posted above.  They are not consistent with Euro QPF and a 10:1 ratio.  I don't think any good ratios would occur until after 12z Mon, and by then most of the precip should have already fallen.

I was here back when we had snomageddeon, we had some resident eeyores agreeing with the local mets it was a 6-8" storm, same eeyoring.."Oh look at the models, oh boy going south, oh no...". Well we had over 2 feet and most of those Eeyores are no longer here.  Let's stick to facts and no wishcasting or cherry pikcing NOAA slides.

I been on this site since beginning. But never posted. I also seen. Models that showed 24 inches for snow maggeton. This is different from that storm. ...... Temp diffrent. Completely diffrent setup. That is why. There will be a completely diffrent outcome. People are saying what models are saying. Some models say 6 inches. Some say 20 inches. And that is why everyone is here. To have fun trying to predict. The final outcome. I hope it's 30 Inches. I have my forcast earlier.

Wow. Nobody ever posts a prediction map and when I take time to do one someone rips me. No wonder no reds come on here.

I'm going to CPA thread.

Sent from my iPhone

Someone ripped you? All I did was pointed you to a more detailed map from the NWS. Another poster mentioned 9-12 so just wanted you to see it for yourself. Post all the maps you want. This should be fun. No need to rip anybody about giving their opinions on what is going to happen.

Not you. A few on here. Nobody ever posts maps. Just thought I post my thoughts. Never said I was Joe DeNardo or any met. I am learning as I go on models and stuff. Just seems like a few here think more highly of themselves them they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived