joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/8 - 2/10 Winter Storm Threat

Heisy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main thing showing up on the models now that is discouraging, as Ray mentions, is the flattening out of the ridge out west.  That in itself argues against the chance for a "big" storm.  Now there still is the chance for a storm however now it all revolves around the timing of the pieces of energy floating around.  Without that ridge out west allowing the trough too deepen a large scale storm would be highly unlikely at this juncture.

I think the HECS for this weekend is off the table but I think this will be a SECS/MECS at best or a miss and nothing at all. I don't think this winter will produce a MONSTER snowstorm. I think this winter will only deliver 6-12 type storms at most. Maybe next winter we could get a monster storm because I don't see it happening this year.

I think the HECS for this weekend is off the table but I think this will be a SECS/MECS at best or a miss and nothing at all. I don't think this winter will produce a MONSTER snowstorm. I think this winter will only deliver 6-12 type storms at most. Maybe next winter we could get a monster storm because I don't see it happening this year.

The positive NAO has not helped monsters to develop.  6-12 from this one is still in the realm if the northern piece can blow up enough.  Certainly not saying that will happen, but not impossible.

Just my thinking from looking at everything I can absorb...even going back to what I remember as a similar setup about 2 weeks ago for 1(what happened there and what wasn't seen till it was happening) and other trends since and models;Ok...Even if the S tream energy misses fishy If it's just a hair slower and N...the N stream energy pops off the coast itself and entrains or captures some of the leftover moisture hanging out...then we'd get a juicy clipper basically and isn't that,even if not synoptically the same,what happened a few weeks ago where around Philly, CNJ got around a foot...hey up here we only pulled about 5,but I'm not so caring even if that is it for around the area...it all adds up...right now just from M to W we got our best snowpack at around a foot and this stuff was Finally not all fluff,Anything we can add on it is gravy....   

You seem very enthusiastic to add pertinent input to the sub forums but with your other avatar I found it hard to take it seriously.

You never watched Breaking Bad?!

By the way, most of the 18z GFS members look a little wetter than OP...Might be a little 2-4", 3-5" for extreme Northern burbs type of event. 

RGEM at 48 had a similar h5 setup to the GFS and the Ukie had 1 - 2" area wide. Not looking for a last minute low end KU here but 3-5" would put many over 50" for the season.

I think you are forgetting that your Monmouth snow capitol is the exception, not the rule.  Most places are 30-40", so 3-5 would not get them to 50+. 

Archived