joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2-3 Winter Storm Potential

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume you might mean "around Ambler"? ;)

Its a bit colder so you would do better, verbatim. 

Trenton looks like about 3 inches of snow after sleet and ice and rain.  Out your way, maybe 4 or 5 inches.

Snow maps WxBell show 6+" for TTN and storm vista is even crazier at 10+ for TTN and north. There's a pretty sharp cut off below that say I195 and south and east. Dry slotting is another issue. Either way, I'd take 3" with lows near 0 for Sat.

Snow maps WxBell show 6+" for TTN and storm vista is even crazier at 10+ for TTN and north. There's a pretty sharp cut off below that say I195 and south and east. Dry slotting is another issue. Either way, I'd take 3" with lows near 0 for Sat.

Really? The EC snow maps don't add up? I'm SHOCKED I tell you, just shocked...

What do we have to do to get a good ole fashioned MIller A storm around these parts where we are just worrying about exact track of a single surface LP, not an OH valley primary and a coastal transfer?  These always spell doom for the PHL area as the snow associated with the primary fizzles out once the transfer occurs which is usually too late for "most of us", or if the primary advances further before the transfer then the boundary torches with a southwest flow out ahead of it.   These setups will more often than not disappoint many around here and bury New England.  I will be watching that ridge out west because that will signal how much that shortwave can dig.  Hopefully it will dig into WV/TN that is where we need it go in order to get the coastal to pop at a lower latitude.  

What do we have to do to get a good ole fashioned MIller A storm around these parts where we are just worrying about exact track of a single surface LP, not an OH valley primary and a coastal transfer?  These always spell doom for the PHL area as the snow associated with the primary fizzles out once the transfer occurs which is usually too late for "most of us", or if the primary advances further before the transfer then the boundary torches with a southwest flow out ahead of it.   These setups will more often than not disappoint many around here and bury New England.  I will be watching that ridge out west because that will signal how much that shortwave can dig.  Hopefully it will dig into WV/TN that is where we need it go in order to get the coastal to pop at a lower latitude.  

-NAO is a big missing piece for us.  Without it, storms can cut (miller B).  obviously more to it than that, but until that happens, we "ride the line" with B's.  While this pattern isnt my favorite down here in SE Pa, it can still deliver the goods.  Hopefully latter Jan will reshuffle the deck for a more classic look.

Nut

Archived