joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 24-25 Snowstorm

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently you weren't planning a visit to the inlaws ;)

I'd feel a lot better if the euro continues tracking this thru KY as well....or even if its too south for an ideal hit here. It seems the euro rarely adjusts back south once it starts to lock onto a track.

Just gotta keep the faith. I could careless about the Tuesday system if this on can hit us.

132 looks ok...and haven't seen 144 but looking at the 500 its continuing to dig and the rh shifts south into southern OH and Ky

low over e.ky at 144...

not bad. I will say this, the consistency for the models, euro, gfs, now canadian...wanting to find a way to put a low in KY around xmas has been pretty solid the last couple days.

throw the nogaps on the xmas ky surface low band wagon as well. havent seen this much model aggreement on a slp placement 6 days out in a very long time.

....something must be wrong

the end point may be the same, the difference is how it gets to that point... i'll be honest I'm not feeling real good about this one now..

throw the nogaps on the xmas ky surface low band wagon as well. havent seen this much model aggreement on a slp placement 6 days out in a very long time.

....something must be wrong

Sounds like a :axe: situation to me :P

Not sure what to think....I have plans the 24th and 25th that probably won't happen if we get the 10-11 inches the GFS suggests, but at the same time it would suck to see our 5+ inch snowpack dissolved the day before Christmas :lightning::raining:

Wow there is a consensus among the models..Bullseye this far out....:arrowhead:

once again like I'm preaching to a brick wall, there is ONLY a consensus on the end point, NOT on how it gets there..... to that i would NOT call it a consensus, just my opinion on that... and it's the how it gets there that is of most importance to most of us here, not just the areas between I-75 and I-77 (no offense on that)

once again like I'm preaching to a brick wall, there is ONLY a consensus on the end point, NOT on how it gets there..... to that i would NOT call it a consensus, just my opinion on that... and it's the how it gets there that is of most importance to most of us here, not just the areas between I-75 and I-77 (no offense on that)

Yep, this is for early on:

GFS sniffed this storm out first. It has the farthest south solution currently. The GGEM will probably have the farthest north while the ECMWF will come in in between the two.

The GFS solution is a west to east type of system while the GGEM and NOGAPS are NW to SE like a clipper.

The 0z GFS and GGEM are both solid snow events here. can't remember the last time following two good snow systems possibly so close to eachother for perhaps the same area.

think we had back to back storms here in the 2008 maybe when LOT issued back to back blizzard watches between 2 or 3 days and both busted if I remember correctly.

Sounds like a :axe: situation to me :P

Not sure what to think....I have plans the 24th and 25th that probably won't happen if we get the 10-11 inches the GFS suggests, but at the same time it would suck to see our 5+ inch snowpack dissolved the day before Christmas :lightning::raining:

Sorry Mike. Rooting against your thinking here. Ill take my chances. I have a 1/2 snow pack ill take the chance that it'll be washed away if there's a chance we see a big storm.

Archived