joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, the models are crazy. 12z NAM which has been looking the best the whole time backs off and the 12z GFS which has been the least exciting model now looks better than it has the whole time. I guess if making the forecast was as easy as just looking at models anybody could do it. It will be interesting tonight, that's for sure.

Some sort of graupel/snow mix going on here now.

This is disappointing but I can't say I'm surprised. As far as busts go here, we're not in the best spot geographically if you think about it. Sure, we're just north enough to catch a decent amount of snow from coastals, which inflates our totals. Most of the time, though, we are too far south for Miller B's and clippers (this is a rare exception). Southern sliders tend to do well here but we need a solid source of cold air.

The mountains, our elevation and latitude don't help either.

Some sort of graupel/snow mix going on here now.

This is disappointing but I can't say I'm surprised. As far as busts go here, we're not in the best spot geographically if you think about it. Sure, we're just north enough to catch a decent amount of snow from coastals, which inflates our totals. Most of the time, though, we are too far south for Miller B's and clippers (this is a rare exception). Southern sliders tend to do well here but we need a solid source of cold air.

The mountains, our elevation and latitude don't help either.

I'm not really surprised. I knew that this was probably a bust even when the models had us doing well. This kind of setup almost always goes north of us.

What goads me is that we see it snow N, W, E, and S. Just once, I would like to see us over perform in a strong storm. It has been a very long time.

Just praying for a good 'ole Miller A in Feb. My location usually cashes in ok with those.

Archived