• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

Haven't seen amounts that high and measuring is really difficult with this wind. I think the higher amounts we have seen reported might be in places where snow has drifted a bit

after this band finishes. I'll get some pics. Sorry if I implied we had 5 inches now. Which we don't. Maybe for the grand total.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had gone to sleep around 9 PM, due to battling the stomach flu and still not feeling too hot. There was barely a dusting at the time. I woke up around 2 AM and everything was wrapped up under a solid 2 inches with the snow still coming down! Winds were howling, and you could barely see across the road.

For the final tally, I'd say we got roughly three inches west of Franklin. With the wind blowing it all around so much, there are probably higher amounts in spots.

All in all, a great mini-blizzard! It sure is beautiful out today!

You va beach outer banks guys are gonna love day 7 on the euro 4-8"nc va border at the beach all the way back to hatteras

So I noticed. Couldn't tell the details but I knew it looked like a E NC/SE VA exclusive. GFS has something too in that time frame but stays offshore which is probably where you want the GFS to be at this point. Another system to keep an eye on.

What's going on with Saturday? Clipper starting to look a little bit interesting on the 12z Euro and Canadian with a quick band of snow maybe making it across the mts. from Northern NC north. Jan 28-29 OTS now on the 12z Euro.

Didn't see Saturday but Friday AM has some potential IMO. Still think mon/tue and thurs bear watching too, perhaps a glance every now and then til we're within 72h

12z GFS brings back the 1/28-29 event for OBX, extreme E NC, SE VA. Only .10-.25 in extreme SE VA but with 850s < -10 ratios would be 20:1 or more. The outer banks gets slammed, especially Hatteras. Given the GFS S/E bias, if this thing trends NW some could be a huge hit for all of coastal NC/VA.

12z GFS brings back the 1/28-29 event for OBX, extreme E NC, SE VA. Only .10-.25 in extreme SE VA but with 850s < -10 ratios would be 20:1 or more. The outer banks gets slammed, especially Hatteras. Given the GFS S/E bias, if this thing trends NW some could be a huge hit for all of coastal NC/VA.

There has certainly been a NW trend this year, but I'm not sure it applies to this setup. The GFS loves to squash storms OTS, so we'll just have to see.

Probably end up being an Apps runner...lol.

There has certainly been a NW trend this year, but I'm not sure it applies to this setup. The GFS loves to squash storms OTS, so we'll just have to see.

Probably end up being an Apps runner...lol.

With all models either out to sea or a coastal skimmer; the chances of the app runner is negligible.   Coastal sections look like the have a shot at some snow out of this...  how far west outside the immediate beaches is this next question.  :P

With all models either out to sea or a coastal skimmer; the chances of the app runner is negligible.   Coastal sections look like the have a shot at some snow out of this...  how far west outside the immediate beaches is this next question.  :P

Just joking on apps runner...

12Z GFS did bring it a bit closer.

Wow 0z Canadian with a historic snowstorm not due to amounts as much as where it snows. The entire Texas gulf coast clear down to Brownsville sees snow/ice. All of southern LA including New Orleans, Biloxi, Ms., Mobile, Al, the entire panhandle of Florida and close to if not into Jacksonville, Fl. sees ice/snow Then the storm makes the turn and comes up the southeast coast through most of GA including Savannah. All but extreme NW SC sees snow and all but western NC as well as VA from Richmond south and east then grazing the Delmarva peninsula before going out to sea.  Seems like a similar set-up to 12/26/04 but colder.

Wow 0z Canadian with a historic snowstorm not due to amounts as much as where it snows. The entire Texas gulf coast clear down to Brownsville sees snow/ice. All of southern LA including New Orleans, Biloxi, Ms., Mobile, Al, the entire panhandle of Florida and close to if not into Jacksonville, Fl. sees ice/snow Then the storm makes the turn and comes up the southeast coast through most of GA including Savannah. All but extreme NW SC sees snow and all but western NC as well as VA from Richmond south and east then grazing the Delmarva peninsula before going out to sea.  Seems like a similar set-up to 12/26/04 but colder.

Ah yes the12/26/04 zero-hype storm for us on the esva. 24 hours out the forecast was for flurries, 12 hours out it was for T-1, we ended up with 16 inches IMBY and a dusting around the Md line with that tight gradient. Heaviest rates I've seen.

Archived