joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro still not buying in.   Ensemble mean looks like there is still a lot of spread among members.  Wouldn't be surprised to see euro move towards other models soon.   Either that or it scores a rep-saving coupe.

This is probably when the king will be king again. Ugh!

06z GFS gives Newark 7" or 8" Sunday night with a tight gradient NW to SE. Wow. Euro will probably start trending in this direction soon.

This is probably when the king will be king again. Ugh!

Ok, I realize I'll get smacked for saying this but the nam shows the heaviest axis right through central IN and OH...10-12".   According to JB...(yea I know)...the nam is his solution of choice.   He says about half of the euro ens. members are in the nam camp and half are flat.   Thinks it's going to be one or the other and favors the nam.   

my grain of salt post for the day   

I'd say the euro 12z is the do or die run.  If it stays flat I suspect other models will begin the caving process

Ok, I realize I'll get smacked for saying this but the nam shows the heaviest axis right through central IN and OH...10-12".   According to JB...(yea I know)...the nam is his solution of choice.   He says about half of the euro ens. members are in the nam camp and half are flat.   Thinks it's going to be one or the other and favors the nam.   

My call (only b/c this has been labeled The Pondo Storm and I am bad luck) is this thing is a swing and a miss. NAM has been just awful. JB is always all over the place. What about this storm would make anyone think the NAM has a handle on it?  

I'd say the euro 12z is the do or die run.  If it stays flat I suspect other models will begin the caving process

I didn't even bother looking at the NAM. Thanks for getting me to peak at it and ruin my day. LOL

My call (only b/c this has been labeled The Pondo Storm and I am bad luck) is this thing is a swing and a miss. NAM has been just awful. JB is always all over the place. What about this storm would make anyone think the NAM has a handle on it?  

man I sure don't want to defend the nam but wasn't it the furthest north with this last storm?  While the euro was pretty far south?   Euro never had snow reaching Detroit until inside of 48 hrs if I recall.  

Look what happened?   IF the nam was to find a nut, it's usually in this type of situation. 

Now I need to go take a shower

I'd say the Euro consistently ran 25-50 miles too far south with the track with the last storm until about a day out. That's really not that bad. The dry slot really hurt everything. I can't really say any model did great with Wednesday's event, considering the NAM had a few runs a day or two out that showed 1-3" of LES behind northern OH and mainly rain with the synoptic event. I'll lean on the global models for now until proven wrong, if only because they show more snow for me.

man I sure don't want to defend the nam but wasn't it the furthest north with this last storm?  While the euro was pretty far south?   Euro never had snow reaching Detroit until inside of 48 hrs if I recall.  

Look what happened?   IF the nam was to find a nut, it's usually in this type of situation. 

Now I need to go take a shower

You know I guess the NAM wasn't too bad with the last storm. However, about 24 hours prior to the event it had that silly ridiculous weenie run burying Chicago with like 12-18 inches. I guess we shall see. Would love for it to be the hero and not the goat for "my storm".

I'd say the Euro consistently ran 25-50 miles too far south with the track with the last storm until about a day out. That's really not that bad. The dry slot really hurt everything. I can't really say any model did great with Wednesday's event, considering the NAM had a few runs a day or two out that showed 1-3" of LES behind northern OH and mainly rain with the synoptic event. I'll lean on the global models for now until proven wrong, if only because they show more snow for me.

yea I don't recall details but I think the eventual track took it into southern OH.   I know the euro never showed a track that far north, until maybe the bitter end.

You know I guess the NAM wasn't too bad with the last storm. However, about 24 hours prior to the event it had that silly ridiculous weenie run burying Chicago with like 12-18 inches. I guess we shall see. Would love for it to be the hero and not the goat for "my storm".

lol...that's right I remember those crushing Chicago runs.    

yea I don't recall details but I think the eventual track took it into southern OH.   I know the euro never showed a track that far north, until maybe the bitter end.

I just looked through the Euro runs starting at 4 days out, and every run took it just north of the Ohio River. The storm ended up tracking from Cinci to Wheeling more or less, so it wasn't quite far enough north, but it wasn't bad. It caught on about 36 hours out.

And the trend has started. Sunday night into Monday will be partly cloudy-my call.

Nam gives 5-9" across the area sunday.

Had more than that at 0z. Gfs went way south as did Canadian. I would never trust the NAM outside of 9 hours.

Scratch that. I don't trust any model. So changing my call to partly cloudy with a 40% chance of snow, 0.5-9 inches possible

Had more than that at 0z. Gfs went way south as did Canadian. I would never trust the NAM outside of 9 hours.

Scratch that. I don't trust any model. So changing my call to partly cloudy with a 40% chance of snow, 0.5-9 inches possible

The Pondo Storm, time of death 2:10 PM EDT. Sorry I couldn't bring the luck everyone!  

Archived