joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been very sleety snow steady here since the morning in Granville/Newark (we're here on babysitting duty) but finally got a little more intensity and bigger flakes coming down the last 20 min or so

Travel should be interesting getting back into Cbus, but even more interesting for my in-laws - they're going to try to get back from the Cincy area.

12Z GFS & NAM both shove the 2nd wave well south of the river over night, so nothing more for us.  Got about an 1/8th in of ice, a little sleet then just under 2" of snow.  This is the fourth time this winter models showed 8-10" potential 24hs out then busted big time IMBY in SW Greene Co!

The radar returns look interesting. Out in the Central Plains, there appears to be a northern as well as a southern stream of precip - with a dry slot in between.

Any guidance on that as it slowly moves east? Will it fill in or diverge?

Looks goofy to me

This may really suck..seems like most precip may go just to our south...may be a historic BUST!!!! :axe::bag:

Couple things to keep in mind. Based on current radar sweeps it seems as though the precip will cut off just north of i70. So we SHOULD get more snow. Current temps will also make for good ratios. We are basically just stuck hoping the storm stays on its current trajectory and we should get a few more inches of snow. BIG IF.

2" of new snow, way below normal temps for this time of year - I think for most folks this will be the last straw regarding this winter.

I'm ready for Spring.

Yeah...ready for spring!! Could care less if we get any more snow!!!

Archived