Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad to have something to track/follow.  can someone post maps?

I assume you are talking about the posssible huge N'Easter next week :sled:

Odds of it occuring are small. Nothing really pans out with snow storms or we would average 150+ inches a year.

My forecast for Wednesday & Thursday next week. Sunny with temps around 40F.

Cheers,

darkstar

I assume you are talking about the posssible huge N'Easter next week :sled:

Odds of it occuring are small. Nothing really pans out with snow storms or we would average 150+ inches a year.

My forecast for Wednesday & Thursday next week. Sunny with temps around 40F.

Cheers,

darkstar

LOL thanks for the levity, Darkstar    one can wish.   heres hoping to a productive season.    i read a lot here and have seen you chat about your location.  you sir are  living the dream up there at 1400 feet in NJ     i am envious.      you get a lot of nickel and dime events most of us here do not...

LOL thanks for the levity, Darkstar    one can wish.   heres hoping to a productive season.    i read a lot here and have seen you chat about your location.  you sir are  living the dream up there at 1400 feet in NJ     i am envious.      you get a lot of nickel and dime events most of us here do not...

I plan to be away starting Wednesday next week, so I will likely miss the event if anything does occur.

With anything it really all depends on the track of any storm to produce rain or snow.

Thats pretty good for you over there, I hit 16 as well IMBY.

Could have been I'm at a low elevation. There were calm conditions overnight, so that could have pooled the cold air. Still chilly for this time of year and more cold on tap for Sunday. Time to put away the lawn mower and check the belts on the snow blower. ;) 

Could have been I'm at a low elevation. There were calm conditions overnight, so that could have pooled the cold air. Still chilly for this time of year and more cold on tap for Sunday. Time to put away the lawn mower and check the belts on the snow blower. ;) 

This cold is def unprecedented for this time of yr. I can't remember the last time I had multiple lows in the teens before Thanksgiving

We'll be happy with a soaking rain, any snow would be a bonus.

Completely agree.. 

What I do like is the modeling for a coastal hugger early on. Fast forward this potential track into Dec and its an all out snowstorm for our neck of the woods. Hopefully one of many this upcoming winter. Long over due

Good Day,

Mt Holly NWS has tossed into the mix the chance of snow showers tonight with the front.

Tuesday night into Wednesday threat seems to be growing. 

Snow,rain, sleet are in my local forecast....

Sunday forecast high of 25F, low 14F Monday morning...serious cold for this time of the year!

Current temp 35 F.

Short term forecast from Mt Holly NWS

NJZ001-PAZ055-232145-
SUSSEX-MONROE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWTON...STROUDSBURG
245 PM EST SAT NOV 23 2013

.NOW...
WIND DRIVEN SNOW SHOWERS ALONG THE NEW YORK STATE PENNSYLVANIA BORDER
WERE MOVING SOUTHEAST TOWARD THE POCONOS. THE SNOW SHOWERS ACCOMPANY
A STRONG COLD FRONT. THE FIRST OF THE SNOW SHOWERS COULD ARRIVE IN THE
HIGHEST TERRAIN OF MONROE AND SUSSEX COUNTY NEW JERSEY AROUND 445 PM.
THAT WOULD PRIMARILY BE NEAR MOUNT POCONO PENNSYLVANIA AND HIGH
POINT NEW JERSEY.

Archived