wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Wx & Flood Threat Through Tuesday

weatherwiz

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I've been hearing a lot on multiple boards about storms poofing the last few days when they reach SE CT. I wonder why. If it's not cause of the water, what is it?

Nature of convection. If that was the case, areas further east in RI wouldn't have received 3-4=" yesterday. People tend to always have a warped sense of perception when it comes to their backyard. They remember the busts more than the hits if you know what I mean.

Parts of RI gonna have 7+". I barely have 0.4 or so.

Any chance that line makes it up into this area?  Seems to be fading on the northern end.  I'd like to have some good training storms over here though I can't complain about 1.1" so far. 

Also noticed planes heading for Logan overhead, means Runway 4, Northeast/east wind.  That has to create some convergence given SW winds here?

Any chance that line makes it up into this area?  Seems to be fading on the northern end.  I'd like to have some good training storms over here though I can't complain about 1.1" so far. 

Also noticed planes heading for Logan overhead, means Runway 4, Northeast/east wind.  That has to create some convergence given SW winds here?

Logan has a SE wind at 140. Those line of storms might migrate more E than N, so for now...I think it may just miss you.

Thanks. I've been hearing a lot on multiple boards about storms poofing the last few days when they reach SE CT. I wonder why. If it's not cause of the water, what is it?

Storms have been more in the way of "pulse-like" type the past few days as there has been hardly any in the way of upper wind support as vertical shear values have been pretty weak.  Moderate amounts of instability thanks to high amounts of low-level moisture, and at times, some steep mid-level lapse rates coupled with very weak forcing from weak boundary to our NW and subtle s/w moving through have allowed for showers/t'storms to develop.  

Across RI and SE MA there has been a very weak boundary draped across that region which has really enhanced convection across that area.  Across SE CT, they are further removed from any enhancement from boundaries and there just isn't a great deal of support aloft. 

Tomorrow though that should change, and actually even later tonight.  I would expect much more activity to work through SE CT tomorrow.

Storms have been more in the way of "pulse-like" type the past few days as there has been hardly any in the way of upper wind support as vertical shear values have been pretty weak.  Moderate amounts of instability thanks to high amounts of low-level moisture, and at times, some steep mid-level lapse rates coupled with very weak forcing from weak boundary to our NW and subtle s/w moving through have allowed for showers/t'storms to develop.  

Across RI and SE MA there has been a very weak boundary draped across that region which has really enhanced convection across that area.  Across SE CT, they are further removed from any enhancement from boundaries and there just isn't a great deal of support aloft. 

Tomorrow though that should change, and actually even later tonight.  I would expect much more activity to work through SE CT tomorrow.

Ah, that makes sense. I am still learning. Thanks man.

Archived