• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
INSANE footage inside of a violent tornado with TIV2

I'm sure there were wind-speed measurements taken inside of the tornado and it seems as though those wind speeds, just from my untrained eye, exceed 136 mph.

A violent tornado (EF4+) must have estimated winds of 166 mph or stronger to be classified as such. 136-165 is EF3.

You shouldn't get close to a tornado unless you're in something like this or the Dominator with a roll cage, about the safest vehicle you can be in as a storm chaser, plus no one got hurt in this video so its something to think about if you're a scientific storm chaser

You shouldn't get close to a tornado unless you're in something like this or the Dominator with a roll cage, about the safest vehicle you can be in as a storm chaser, plus no one got hurt in this video so its something to think about if you're a scientific storm chaser

You shouldn't be this close to a tornado in any kind of vehicle, period.

The TIV has claws that dig in to grasp the ground.  Without knowing, I suspect that the loud whining sound at the beginning of the vid was the sound of the claws digging in.  In addition, I think the TIV can then be lowered to te ground to give the winds almost zero ability to get under the vehicle.

I'm almost positive no version of the Dominator has any such thing.  If any Dominator had found itself in this situation it would have had no chance of survival.

I have seen these vehicles many times.

The Dominator series also has a laughable design flaw. The hood was ripped off of one recently and left the engine completely exposed to rain and debris.

Engine failure and being inside a violent tornado don't seem to mix to well.

I'm mobile, but there's a picture somewhere floating around of it.

post-230-0-69891500-1370216118_thumb.png

Archived