joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

HM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty decent for Mid November (Insert any time of year here), a few small changes in the timing and orientation of the storm could be enough to make it significant.

Now it's forever relevant. :D

But seriously, as modeled it's a good setup. Current SST and cold air *could* make for a nice shindig, but I'm not exactly putting my faith in anything yet. I think spending the next few days observing how well the GFS handles things closer to the finish line might be wise.

(But I'm secretly hoping to be crushed)

0z GFS has a chuckle and throws a little front end snow but then immediately dumps an inch of cold, cold rain for most of the region. Jetstream is just so darned fast moving. Would be an awesome early Feb track though.

I suppose this is a practice run for WxWeenies across the Mid/Atl and Northeast and if some good comes of it, then so be it.

Good news? 0z still has a storm.

Yeahhhh

But am I the *only* one who thinks the Jetstream is going to interfere with this winter wonderland? This thing is coming in progged too low me thinks.

I'm closer to being onboard with the GGEMs thoughts. I know, heresy. 

You should know that going against the Euro is heresy on this board.

Yeahhhh

But am I the *only* one who thinks the Jetstream is going to interfere with this winter wonderland? This thing is coming in progged too low me thinks.

I'm closer to being onboard with the GGEMs thoughts. I know, heresy. 

Do the teleconnections support such a solution is the question?

Just seeing the 0z Euro run, would mean a historical hit for our area.  Seeing the Euro put out like 20 inches.  You would need one heck of a snowfall rate for that to verify.  But you have to wonder if this is really possible.  As they say, let's see how things develop.  I know we're all trying to see what kind of winter will be shaping up for the area. Still would be sweet if this were to verify.  We can only dream.. 

Great idea about not making a separate post about this event yet.  Hey, if we are seeing the models continue to show this threat into early next week.. Be funny attending the Winter Workshop and Tony doing his presentation, but everyone in the room is thinking about this storm. That would be crazy.. Well, enough on this storm.  Let's see what happens.. 

Archived