Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their newer map is beefed a good bit in some spots west/nw. not completely sure why other than they tend to do the same thing every storm and then end up too high.  perhaps current temps.. not sure how much we drop tonight tho, some for sure but maybe not a ton. we've been getting a marine flow for a while now.. going to have to wait till late in the game and when we battle sun to get the flow more northerly.

Short-term models have been showing the western counties sharing in that WV-OH band late tonight.  Doubt the coastal throws much back here during the day tomorrow.

I'm saving the image though, for the timestamp, and the way the good folks at LWX painted me and the far northern part of my county in the dark green. :)

their newer map is beefed a good bit in some spots west/nw. not completely sure why other than they tend to do the same thing every storm and then end up too high.  perhaps current temps.. not sure how much we drop tonight tho, some for sure but maybe not a ton. we've been getting a marine flow for a while now.. going to have to wait till late in the game and when we battle sun to get the flow more northerly.

attachicon.gifStormTotalSnowRange.png

Wallops is below freezing to 950mb.  I'm a few tenths away from being as cold as any time during Mar. 6th, and I ended up with 4".

Short-term models have been showing the western counties sharing in that WV-OH band late tonight. Doubt the coastal throws much back here during the day tomorrow.

I'm saving the image though, for the timestamp, and the way the good folks at LWX painted me and the far northern part of my county in the dark green. :)

I was thinking mainly the area just east of the BR and then east a bit. I mean the totals are low still but not sure there is a need for the late raise if not prior. The border area does look to try to get clipped by the main body of the larger band tho places east could miss that and the coastal and just get a quick period of enhanced snow near sunrise. People tend to get nervous either way around here late in the game tho,

Archived