amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Great Lakes Clipper, March 15 & 16th

Geos

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning reminded me of when I was a kid....that feeling of going to bed with bare ground, then waking up to a blanket of white with snow falling and blowing never gets old. I dont know how much snow we have, probably a good 2" or so so far, but its crazy to think what the weather was like a year ago today. Radar seems to have that convective look.

Love the pics!  So hard to let Winter go for me.  I'm glad it's hanging on.

Thanks. Im the same way. Now, once we get to this time of year, while I still want snow, if we have mild spring weather Im ok with it. But it NEVER fails, no matter how long winter is, everytime we get a fresh snow I dont want it to end. With below normal temps seemingly here to stay for a while, we might as well make a run for 50" this season. Only 3" more to go. We were only at 0.4" total on Dec 20th.

Just think with another 2-3 of wks of solid winter left... for you at least. It's only 7 months till next November!! 

Ended up with 2.4"-2.5" 

I'm happy with that too. I will enjoy every minute of Spring/Summerbut willbe ready for Fall/Winter. Walked to town and saw where they finally dug out the fire hydrants yesterday.  Still a ton of snow here.

Hahaha, wowww. I'm a snow-magnet, you guys. I came home to stay with my family for the weekend in Chatham-Kent. There was bare ground everywhere, not a snow pile in sight. When I woke up this morning, we had 3.5" on the ground. This is not the first time I have chosen weekends to come home to where Chatham-Kent in particular gets dumped on and Hamilton stays dry. Happened in November and February too  :lmao:

3.5" is pretty substantial for mid-March. Forecast was for 0.5"-1". It looks amazing out there, and it's barely melting at all because it's so cold. Some of the drifts on our deck right below the roof are more than 6"!

mar16_3_zpsd59cda7e.jpg

mar16_2_zps3a2eed46.jpg

mar16_1_zpsf0a761bb.jpg

I'm happy with that too. I will enjoy every minute of Spring/Summerbut willbe ready for Fall/Winter. Walked to town and saw where they finally dug out the fire hydrants yesterday.  Still a ton of snow here.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

NICE :wub:.

So despite a slow start, is this snowier/deeper than normal for them, or is this about normal?

Archived