joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHL had 0.2" today :axe:

haha, yeah...

He left out the original quote:

"It is quite possible that the 2/26-3/7 period is going to hurt worse for snow lovers in the DC-PHL area than if we had just torched. Given the stale cold and positioning of features, it is going to be tough to get into the significant / major snows in our area. A decent event bordering on significant I suppose is still doable."

Well time to head out. Y'all have a good weekend!

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I know we have some Burlington County posters... has anyone in the region experienced any "booms" today?  There have been several here since about 4pm.  It definitely isn't thunder but sounds / feels like a real quick shot of thunder.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I know we have some Burlington County posters... has anyone in the region experienced any "booms" today?  There have been several here since about 4pm.  It definitely isn't thunder but sounds / feels like a real quick shot of thunder.

Possible explanation?

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/03/nj_military_base_warns_of_poss.html#incart_river

Ray, I'm done joking around now:  there is not a single thing in this world that you don't know.  I should have just went straight to PM you.

That has GOT to be it.

I can only imagine what it sounds like in Wrightstown.  :ph34r:

Ray, I'm done joking around now:  there is not a single thing in this world that you don't know.  I should have just went straight to PM you.

That has GOT to be it.

I can only imagine what it sounds like in Wrightstown.  :ph34r:

:lol:  Only reason I had a clue was because I went browsing the paper today to see if there was any snow news (not much that I could find).

So glad I finally clicked onto this thread.  We can feel it all the way over here and we've been scratching our heads about it for an hour and a half now.

I don't always "trust" their measurements at times.

I haven't trusted the measurements out of there for a while but I can buy that .2 given it was done at 6 hr intervals.

there was probably more on the ground in between...

Where on the mt holly NWS site can I get seasonal snowfall totals for this year for mt holly? Thanks in advance

You're looking for the snow total AT Mt. Holly NWS, specifically?  Just ask one of their mets (Mike (MGorse), Tony (Rainshadow), Mitch (Mitchell Gaines))

Archived