Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Tueday Feb 19 CWG pattern discussion

usedtobe

Very good... of course.

The CWG posters are restless. I've noticed a lot more animosity about snow talk lately..

It's funny, I thought overall I was negative about snow except for right towards Feb 28/early March and then still qualified it.   Jason has risen to my defense.  I got up at 4:30 to write it because I had an early doctor's appointment for an infected ingrown fingernail.  I never heard of such a thing but until I got the pus out it hurt like the dickens.  Now I'm on antibiotics and caffeine. 

It's funny, I thought overall I was negative about snow except for right towards Feb 28/early March and then still qualified it.   Jason has risen to my defense.  I got up at 4:30 to write it because I had an early doctor's appointment for an infected ingrown fingernail.  I never heard of such a thing but until I got the pus out it hurt like the dickens.  Now I'm on antibiotics and caffeine. 

It's not you.. I've seen it on FB and Twitter etc too. Considering how bearish CWG has been all winter it seems a bit off but I sorta understand why people don't care to hear about snow threats/patterns at d7-10+ anymore. Not a good time to be a snow lover as we all know...

Wes, as usual, a nice objective and balanced article. I hope we get a little something after 28 February so we can see some people eat crow :bike:

feb snowfall prediction thread should allow for a good bit of that

animosity may have been my fault --- for including in the headline: "

a more snow-friendly pattern around March 1?

i think if i had been the headline something more bland, we wouldn't have gotten the push back... but part of my job - for better or for worse - is to attract eyeballs.

Jason,  The criticism actually doesn't bother me much.  SOme like RSTNI pretty much criticize any forecast but still come to the site though from his comments I'm not alwasy sure he or some of the critics read much more than the headline and first paragraph or two. 

Heck even one of our own was critical of using the mean for a day 10 forecast.  Glad the year is coming to a close.

ignore them, Wes. you have been spot on all winter long and I see no reason to change. You've def kept each event in perspective and been the main person I've listened to.

Archived