Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 15-MOrch possible wintry threats

tombo82685

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far Feb has delivered.\

I was in snow Friday heading to cabin and experience one of the worst Squall snows in the poconos. White out conditions produced 3-4 inches of snow and icy roads.

It snowed Sat at the cabin

It snowed Sunday at the cabin

It snowed Monday at the shore house

It snowed Tuesday at the shore house.

While the amounts are minor it simply has been cool to "be in winter" for a nice stretch.

Tonight....light snow

and now I hear of honking for Friday and Next week... :snowman:

no, 1-3 down to that and the map gets cut off. So it could go further south, I'm not sure.

580652_552467878106100_556531977_n.png

Thanks...

(I'm always skeptical on the rain ending as snow scenarios that it indeed ends as snow in the city...I'm not worried about it for those NE of Philly)

one of those silly snow maps for the ecmwf posted in NE thread shows 7-8" in upper bucks 

The weatherbell maps on snow have issues.

I saw the map referenced...7" into Upper Montco and 10" in Schuylkill County, really?  There's not even that much QPF that falls!

As much as I love snow I think that's a dumb idea lol, no reason to put lives in jeopardy drivin up there.

How so?  Driving IN the storm, yeah.... driving up just AHEAD of the storm, no.  I would presume he'd rent a hotel room someplace nice and spend most of the storm walking around in it.

Edit:  Nvrmnd, saw this was addressed.  That's what happens when you sleep through the busiest portion of the posting day :lol:

How so? Driving IN the storm, yeah.... driving up just AHEAD of the storm, no. I would presume he'd rent a hotel room someplace nice and spend most of the storm walking around in it.

Yeah he said before the storm lol, I presumed he meant during, and I pictured him drivin in the storm in a little geo metro or something haha

post-105-0-28217000-1360104154_thumb.jpg

(map via SV...if there's an issue, go ahead and yank).

This is the raw Euro.  ENS is not much different although the gradient is a bit looser.  You aren't getting 12" of snow anywhere in PA per this run.  Even getting 6" in Bucks or Montgomery may be tough to do unless it falls 100% as snow, which does not seem likely south of 78 since the 0 line creeps near there. 

WeatherBELL map was realistic.  Had 1-3" north of I-76 and 3-6" north of I-80.  You must have been looking at something else.

At second glance it was actually a map through 9 days (the hr 216 part I didn't see when I made my comment...and that included next week's "threat").

This was the map in reference: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/39166-feb-8th-9th-do-we-finally-get-a-coastal/page-38#entry2075152

That said, 1-3 north of 76 is probably more 1 than 3.

That said, 1-3 north of 76 is probably more 1 than 3.

Completely agree... unless the trend continues to colder/earlier phase.  I saw the SV image you also posted... and that is something else to take into consideration.  Sharp cutoff isn't because of track as much as it is the dry slot screw zone that occurs with the transfer of energy to the coastal at 78.... 78 looked like crap and had the dry slot over much of eastern PA.

Archived