e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 15-MOrch possible wintry threats

tombo82685

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true, I forgot i said that, sorry lee. Anyways, I'm not sure if you saw the euro, but it looks a good bit better and moved towards the gfs somewhat. Phases in the northern stream moreso than the 0z run did. Had better separation from that s/w behind it which allowed the ridge to gain more amplitude which allowed the northern stream to dig more. Good steps imho, but it still has to keep adjusting.

If Lee wants to do it he can. One of us can do the event the other obs? EC hasn't come in yet at the office, glad it's coming around.

If Lee wants to do it he can. One of us can do the event the other obs? EC hasn't come in yet at the office, glad it's coming around.

It bumped north with the low pressure. Instead of slidding south of hse its over hse or just to the north. Gets precip up into delaware  and extreme southern nj. Still has a ways to go but it looked better and edged a little bit towards the gfs. No you have the thread. You were the first to eye it up. If it occurs, lee can make the banter thread.

A little concerned about the lack of low level cold however. Could be a non sticking snow for some.

The early week cutter should send a shot of reinforcing cold air into our region. Should be a half decent air mass. I'd be more worried about a southern slider. Between the kicker wave over the lakes, and that 50-50 low shearing this out. (not buying the bogus closed off vort the GFS is showing)...

The early week cutter should send a shot of reinforcing cold air into our region. Should be a half decent air mass. I'd be more worried about a southern slider. Between the kicker wave over the lakes, and that 50-50 low shearing this out. (not buying the bogus closed off vort the GFS is showing)...

this...with how things have that 50/50 low supressing hgts to a degree. Imho this low can only come so far north. Also, with that kicker on its heels its going to deamplify things to. The low level cold could be an issue for i95 and especially south and east. As of now things cool just in time. Just an early guess if things stay the same i can't see this low getting further north then tracking off se va and southern delmarva penn.

06 gfs/GEFS have backed down a little vs 00z but still bring snow to our area. The GFS is the most NW global. The non-US models GEM/ukie/Euro all shear the shortwave in the middle of the country and keep the storm SE. While the US models SREF/NAM/GFS all maintain a stronger wave and a better storm threat.

Archived