• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lakes/Midwest/Ohio Valley Season Snowfall Project

Chicago WX

In my continuing effort to create a database of season snowfall totals for the Lakes/Midwest/Ohio Valley, I present to you the season snowfall totals for 42 cities (first order sites) in the Lakes, Midwest, and Ohio Valley...in some cases, dating back to 1880-81. All of the data I gathered was from NCDC, NWS office sites, or State Climatologist sites. Some data was missing, and is indicated by a "M". Please feel free to point any errors you may find, and I'll do my best to correct them in short order.

The file sizes are large, so I did them in basically 20 season increments. I used the present day station identifiers for each city, with a key at the bottom of the last chart. First up, season totals for 1880-81 to 1898-99.

I forgot to mention/caution, there have been site location changes throughout history for many cities. Especially note locations such as MQT, MKG, ANJ, etc. The season totals throughout the years are going to vary considerably in the LES prone areas, depending where measurements were taken at the time.

Nice work.  I cannot imagine the countless hours this took. 

Thanks. 

I've taken a relatively long time in creating this...it's been a little bit here, a little bit there. But I've always wanted to do this, and NCDC opening up the vaults helped the cause.  

Archived