joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/24 to 1/26 threat...

NaoPos

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a glorifies Fropa on the 18z gfs. Coastal doesn't take over till north of us. Looks like the 0z euro.

The 18z gfs was better than 12z, trended colder. People need to realize this isn't going to be a massive coastal. Its going to be a low moving west to east. The 2 storm idea on the gfs in my eyes is bogus. I thinks its one or the other.

The 18z gfs was better than 12z, trended colder. People need to realize this isn't going to be a massive coastal. Its going to be a low moving east to west. The 2 storm idea on the gfs in my eyes is bogus. I thinks its one or the other.

East to west!!??? Omg!! Haha jk.

There's a lot going on. I'm not sure what to think other than potential is there. There will be a coastal, it just depends what latitude it wants to get going at.

Hey Tombo,

I totally agree with you.  I also disapprove of the two storm idea....shown by the GFS...

East to west storm heads to Delmarva then would bomb out in route to New England....

Precip type issues may still be a problem especially near the city and points south and east due to water temps being above normal 44-48 ... this is January 19th right...

Water temp not really an issue - AC water temp now at 43 - only an issue for coastal areas

Hey Tombo,

I totally agree with you.  I also disapprove of the two storm idea....shown by the GFS...

East to west storm heads to Delmarva then would bomb out in route to New England....

Precip type issues may still be a problem especially near the city and points south and east due to water temps being above normal 44-48 ... this is January 19th right...

the 6z GFS has the low straddling just south of 40N... south central PA/SE PA would be very borderline on precip types based on that track.

looking at the 0z GEFS IND, they're all over the place. Some are super amp'd /North, some are south with nothing, and a few are decent hits. The mean really isn't helping here. lol.

0z euro take the SLP from the KY/IN/IL border to AC.... going off the 24 hr increment map of Allans site.

Ok it so happens this is the navy nogaps, but it shows the example of different clustering and that the ensemble mean is sometimes one of the least likely forecast tracks.

Looking at 06 GEF, there is group that looks like 00/06 OP runs, there is a group with main low passing well to the NW and there are a couple suppressed that develop a coastal offshore

Maybe its :weenie: on my part,  but it seems hard to believe that this arctic air mass is going to get shoved aside that easily.  Oh I was told to get off the board yesterday and come to work early today, so I better go before Mitch yells at me...

I agree tony, i think you will see the models shift south at some point. Maybe a track through roa to cape may. I could see if the models were developing this low sub 1000mb, but the low is rather weak just is hard to imagine it gets that much latitude. Though i can see it happening if that pv is further north and east and the energy on the back side associated with the northerns stream digs a good bit raising hgts in front of it.

Archived