joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/24 to 1/26 threat...

NaoPos

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Wednesday night disturbance, if it's reality, will probably help Friday out since it's a reinforcer...

I have low confidence about that one because it popped up first on an 18z run.  Regardless for the first time in a long long long time, cold air in place, no need to hope for October 1987 type dynamic cooling or the fastest deepening post cold frontal secondary on record. 

Now a thing we need to look at is the neutral to +NAO... this could do one of three things:

1.  a track further northeast too close (not really thinking west at this time but the way this winter has gone)to the Philadelphia area for our friends in South Jersey, Delaware and also the immediate Philadelphia area.

2.  warmer air in off the Atlantic from the Ridge out in the Atlantic.

3.  The two pieces of energy remain separate until it is too late the storm blows up just ene of ACY pounding New England instead I think this may be the more realistic outcome.

What does it mean for Philadelphia...

well thinking snow to sleet and freezing rain ... with sleet and freezing rain dominating... then back to snow as the storm pulls away not getting into totals due to precip issues.

I am looking beyond the models and into the pattern we have had and perhaps going into.

The warm air is just poised not too far away to our south and east.

South Jersey and Delaware well certainly precip issues

We shall see what happens anything over 100 hours especially this year I don't get too excited before but this is the thing to remember right now...WE DO HAVE COLDER AIR COMING AND THAT WILL BE IN PLACE...SO WINTERY WEATHER IN SOME FORM WOULD BE MORE LIKELY I-95 NORTH AND WEST.

I have low confidence about that one because it popped up first on an 18z run.  Regardless for the first time in a long long long time, cold air in place, no need to hope for October 1987 type dynamic cooling or the fastest deepening post cold frontal secondary on record. 

Not seeing this disturbance anymore thus the somewhat warmer solutions overnight.

I'm not that concerned solely because its 7 days away, and it will continue to change. The fact the euro ens shifted south is a good sign.

i guess im just snake bitten.

wish i could post a snap shot of the SV snow maps for this system.... weenies would go crazy

the gfs tries to do some magic on with the trough, after we get our rain as the primary low cuts to our west into upstate PA... yawn...

would have been nice, but the kicker sw crashing into the west coast really squashes the ridge, and the trough escapes and produces offshore... its potential, but a lot going on..

Good call on the reinforcing clipper,  not as strong on 12z.   

Archived