• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Check out and like a new DC specific weather page geared toward cold and snow lovers

Deck Pic

I've been toying about joining facebook for the last two years and never pulled the trigger.

just join...lots of pages plus CWG has a page and your articles all get linked..you may get more interaction with good hobbyists and mets from outside this region on Facebook than here when your articles are published

I think he would add some depth to CWG's feed which is kind of fluffy and light compared to the main blog

yeah possibly... i dont really have a high opinion of FB overall as a place to put intellectual property. it's more a necessary evil to me. for instance the proliferation of photography pages.. good for vis, but i'd never do that. i suppose there's no reason not to have a profile if you want one.

Maybe Ian is right...it is self-serving..I already have over 100 likes...only about 25k away from JB2

we were doing social media before it was mainstream.. i know a little about it all. :P

it's a cool idea. i think you could probably have done something with your concerns re cwg's social presence tho.. jason would be open to that i'd bet. personally i have tried a little more of a snow lover slant in my own stuff on there and people have been receptive.

my bigger thought with all that is we end up with like 45 pages of people talking weather and lost content at a place like here. social like fb and twitter has definite perks but i dont think i've ever found either to be nearly as collaborative.

we were doing social media before it was mainstream.. i know a little about it all. :P

it's a cool idea. i think you could probably have done something with your concerns re cwg's social presence tho.. jason would be open to that i'd bet. personally i have tried a little more of a snow lover slant in my own stuff on there and people have been receptive.

my bigger thought with all that is we end up with like 45 pages of people talking weather and lost content at a place like here. social like fb and twitter has definite perks but i dont think i've ever found either to be nearly as collaborative.

This wasnt just a reaction to CWG.,..I am not looking for them to change their approach....you guys are going to exploit and gush over this warmup and I understand it....

The main reasons were 3-fold

1) It fills a gap...There are few pro-snow/cold pages as far as I know that don't come with ulterior motives of self-promotion and money

2) I have a place to put my FB weather content leaving my personal page for other stuff and not clogging it up or making it an extension of the board

3) Too many people use FB as an arm of eastern/DBM...I like to keep those worlds separate....my page on FB can have a different feel and approach than my posts here and include people who arent part of this community but love weather...my friends are very intelligent...people love talking about weather.,..portions of the public are a lot savvier than we give them credit for...

I post a lot of weather content on my page already and would more if it wasnt potentially annoying....I dont see the 2 worlds cannabalizing each other

Archived