joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Chance 12/30/12

RowanBrandon

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not meaning to look past this storm (since it's still fantasy land), but if this one ends up developing late, it could act as a nice 50/50 for the following event which, to my untrained eye, seems to have a more favorable setup than even this one.

Sigh...it seems we say this every time.

The shortwave is closer to the West Coast so it could have been initialized a bit better, still not onshore though, should be for both runs tomorrow.

yea that could be it. I don't think this threat is done trending in either way yet. It wouldn't take much to get the precip into phl and nyc...boston though could have some trouble. It doesn't have to phase, you can still get precip from the northern stream energy as long as it doesn't dampen out.

euro is pretty much nothing on this event just some scattered snow showers...Models saw something tonight because they all trended flatter, even the ensembles.

Quite a change from when the Euro had this on the radar initially going through the lakes. Still a big PNA switch outlooked so kind of surprised the solutions have become this subdued/suppressed, maybe the dull NAO will rule?

Quite a change from when the Euro had this on the radar initially going through the lakes. Still a big PNA switch outlooked so kind of surprised the solutions have become this subdued/suppressed, maybe the dull NAO will rule?

i think its todays storm, which is flattening everything out. I still wouldn't rule out snow.I think the northern stream will deliver but i don't see a big storm right now. Maybe a 1-3 2-4 type thing

Ever since its upgrade I've noticed the Euro seems to like Great Lakes cutters in the Day 6 + range, even when the pattern in no way supports it. I recall a few instances in 09-10 and 10-11 in very hostile patterns for places like DTW/ORD to see snows it was pushing storms up there in the medium to long range. I'm not sure its partly due to its bias closing stuff off over AZ/CA/NM or not.

Ever since its upgrade I've noticed the Euro seems to like Great Lakes cutters in the Day 6 + range, even when the pattern in no way supports it. I recall a few instances in 09-10 and 10-11 in very hostile patterns for places like DTW/ORD to see snows it was pushing storms up there in the medium to long range. I'm not sure its partly due to its bias closing stuff off over AZ/CA/NM or not.

Even this one today it had some lake solutions. Up to recently it hasn't mattered because we were too warm for snow as a ptype anyway. Gotta pay attention to this the rest of this winter. Thanks.

I was going off the snow accum. maps so I guess if the Euro is right, snow showers. Better than nothing.

i don't believe the snow maps are out yet for the euro.... maybe im mistaken. But there;s light qpf up to the poconos/scranton.

Trough looked a little sharper on the euro and the low shifted further NW. baby step today.

differences between the 12z ECM(left) and 0z ECM (right)

y6equbun.jpg

Subtle differences in heights along the East coast which brought this a little more NW. 552 height line @ 0z was off of cape may, the 12z has it in Philly.

the trailing energy is more consolidated and more focused on digging southward, you dont see that finger extending into illinois,

Archived