joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Chance 12/30/12

RowanBrandon

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullseye this far out is always dangerous. Model verification in this range is pretty poor unless this is the winter of '09/'10 when every storm was accurately modeled a week out. The NAO still looks like it crashes after this storm instead of before, although according to Wes the AO may be a better signal than the NAO. The AO looks like it could go anywhere. In that vein, I think our storm chances depend largely on what the AO decides to do at this point. Even though we have neutral ENSO conditions, it is behaving more like a Nina and that almost never favors us.

I think when we've received strong storms in Nina patterns, there is always something to strongly overcome the pattern (such as a massive block or the like), but I'm not entirely certain about that. I can't remember all the major storms that have come in Nina conditions.

tom, southern stream looked a little flatter, but the northern stream dug a bit more, hence the higher heights along the coast for a bit. Prob why the precip shield makes it a bit north west of the 0z run.

We're CLose..... nice little 2-4 type snow for us.

Archived