northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/29 - New Years Storm Threat Discussion

Dsnowx53

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GEFS and Euro ensemble mean also shifted southeast. Ehhh, this event might be slipping away from us.

Might b in a squeeze play here. Todays storm crushes pp west of us. Wknd system stays SE. Dont worry til euro tells u too worry. Forget US models. Totally useless

Might b in a squeeze play here. Todays storm crushes pp west of us. Wknd system stays SE. Dont worry til euro tells u too worry. Forget US models. Totally useless

Yes because Euro is the god of all models and we should believe everything it shows us and disregard every other model out there. Debby was a fun storm.

Ensembles are the way to go...

Yes because Euro is the god of all models and we should believe everything it shows us and disregard every other model out there. Debby was a fun storm.

Ensembles are the way to go...

Do you hav any idea what the Euro Ensembles showed for this storm while all the operational models showed a storm to Madison Wisc 9 days ago ?

Do you hav any ides what the Euro showed 2 days ago on the east coast 850 wise - while all the American models showed mixing all the way to Albany ?

You sound silly .

Do you hav any idea what the Euro Ensembles showed for this storm while all the operational models showed a storm to Madison Wisc 9 days ago ?

Do you hav any ides what the Euro showed 2 days ago on the east coast 850 wise - while all the American models showed mixing all the way to Albany ?

You sound silly .

You sound silly saying that we should believe the Euro and completely forget other models. "Don't worry til the Euro tells you to". LOL, what a joke. The euro is a better model than the american models. Relax man, it's a computer model. We all know the GFS handled today's storm terribly. But lets not become fanboys of models. That's why Ensembles are the way to go.

You sound silly saying that we should believe the Euro and completely forget other models. "Don't worry til the Euro tells you to". LOL, what a joke. The euro is a better model than the american models. Relax man, it's a computer model. We all know the GFS handled this storm terribly. But lets not become fanboys of models. That's why Ensembles are the way to go.

Cant have a normal convo with pp that live in Brightwaters I know it frustrating living there .

The Euro ensembles destroyed the GFS for a week and NAM ( 36 HRS OUT ) its actual purpose .

Tell me the last time the GFS beat the Euro in verification scoring , The GFS has the same errors for every storm .

Runs Big east coast storms to your South and East , Congers up fantasy snowstorms 288 and beyond , and dumps the trof the east in every long term . its laughable

So by your logic dont follow any model - just stick ur thumb out the window and you let us know the weather ok . keep me up

Cant have a normal convo with pp that live in Brightwaters I know it frustrating living there .

The Euro ensembles destroyed the GFS for a week and NAM ( 36 HRS OUT ) its actual purpose .

Tell me the last time the GFS beat the Euro in verification scoring , The GFS has the same errors for every storm .

Runs Big east coast storms to your South and East , Congers up fantasy snowstorms 288 and beyond , and dumps the trof the east in every long term . its laughable

So by your logic dont follow any model - just stick ur thumb out the window and you let us know the weather ok . keep me up

Oh god...I dislike Brightwaters people too! Good thing I don't live there. But I think you are missing the point. While you're ranting over how the Euro is better than the GFS, which I believe it is, you're sitting there thinking that I believe the GFS is better. It's not. Calm down dude. I'm not saying we shouldn't follow any model. We should look at ensembles, and other models other than the overrated OP Euro and inaccurate OP GFS.

Oh god...I dislike Brightwaters people too! Good thing I don't live there. But I think you are missing the point. While you're ranting over how the Euro is better than the GFS, which I believe it is, you're sitting there thinking that I believe the GFS is better. It's not. Calm down dude. I'm not saying we shouldn't follow any model. We should look at ensembles, and other models other than the overrated OP Euro and inaccurate OP GFS.

Thats exactly what i said to ANT go with the Euro ensembles - so we agree - why we arguing ?

SREFs aside since they usually blow at this range this continues to be a threat, not likely to be any sort of monster storm but it could some people close to December normals if it happened. The GFS still showing a more amplified solution inside 4 days makes it harder to discount. Also the NOGAPS is not missing terribly wide right on its last several runs.

SREFs aside since they usually blow at this range this continues to be a threat, not likely to be any sort of monster storm but it could some people close to December normals if it happened. The GFS still showing a more amplified solution inside 4 days makes it harder to discount. Also the NOGAPS is not missing terribly wide right on its last several runs.

We just hope we can get something on the coast with this system..you would think with this setup we should get at least a few inches

12z GFS has a light snow event for this weekend.

if we are lucky - still has the feel of 11/12 - stronger storms too far inland with mainly liquid here and then misses to the south and east when the cold enough air is in place...........and longer range model nonsense........

Archived