Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor Forecast Discussion

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO..what is JB's call for Philly?? 

and how about from LC..this is his kind of storm!?

From LC's Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/larry.cosgrove

"12z NAM model run confirms what most schemes were saying at 0z: that the rain snow line will get north and west of Interstate 95. Even southern and eastern New England will go to rain. This is Appalachia's jackpot snow for the winter. The big cities should see 4 - 6" of snow with a healthy show of liquid precipitation in the middle of the storm. North and west suburbs from Washington DC to Portland ME may have 6 - 10" of snow while the immediate Atlantic coastline sees as little as 1 - 3" of the white stuff. Albany NY....Harrisburg PA....Roanoke VA....Asheville NC axis can expect 12 to as much as 24 inches of snow before the system pulls out Thursday night and Friday morning."

This looks like 3-6 inch storm in the I-95 corridor and mayhem further west through the Ohio river valley as it moves through there tomorrow. But I am not pooh poohing this at all

In the longer term the theme of the winter continues.. as the warmup is one where even if it gets warm, you can see the cold coming back!

From the midday idea. We have had an interesting change in the ECMWF Ensembles. They tap the source region for cold air, which makes for a quicker and more widespread discharge of arctic air into the Plains in the Day 10-15 period.

This looks like 3-6 inch storm in the I-95 corridor and mayhem further west through the Ohio river valley as it moves through there tomorrow. But I am not pooh poohing this at all

In the longer term the theme of the winter continues.. as the warmup is one where even if it gets warm, you can see the cold coming back!

From the midday idea. We have had an interesting change in the ECMWF Ensembles. They tap the source region for cold air, which makes for a quicker and more widespread discharge of arctic air into the Plains in the Day 10-15 period.

Betcha we finally get a decent -AO blocking pattern in March with a parade of storms too- March 93?

Just saw Ken's post above and it made me think of some of the JB lines - feel free to add to the below

"delayed but not denied"

"Cahirs Connection"

"Vodka cold"

"That's putting the cart before the horse!"

Was always of favorite of mine from his accuweather kyw radio days when he was looking "long ranger"

He had a real way of building the anticipation/excitement way back then. somehow it was more exciting to hear back then because he couldnt overhype it as much as is the case in today's modern world of "Internet" over-promotion!

just chatted online with lc and he is going 3-6" for phl fwiw

Larry is one of THE nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing!!! He is one of the best at forecasting based primarily on atmospheric Synoptics, using computer modeling only as a tool to aid him.

Wish he would post here..unfortunately prior experience with a few weather forum "idiots" has kept him at a distance.

JB seeing a snowstorm bowling east bound on Tuesday before the brief warmup....which is also likely to end with a snowstorm - this is the winter that keeps giving to those that like snow!

I am assuming he is referring to locations in the eastern U.S. north of the Ohio River / Mason-Dixon line re: Tuesday snowstorm (and potentially end-of-warmup snowstorm).

Archived