• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking the Indicies

Bob Chill

One stop shop for the good winter index forecasts. Everything should update daily. This thread will be a great resource for a quick look at what's going on with teleconnections, enso, and things like that. Let me know if I should add anything. I just grabbed the links that I use the most. There are plenty of others out there.

nao.sprd2.gif

ao.sprd2.gif

pna.sprd2.gif

ensplume_full.gif

cursnow.gif

nhtime-4month.png

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever finish the srongly negative AO in December stats? I've got them for the positive AP but not negative.

I'm mostly done. Just gotta check for errors, clean up my scribbles, and do final review. Tomorrow am looks like a perfect time to finish. From what I'm seeing the same is true in reverse from lasts years data.

I'm mostly done. Just gotta check for errors, clean up my scribbles, and do final review. Tomorrow am looks like a perfect time to finish. From what I'm seeing the same is true in reverse from lasts years data.

I look forward to the post and may use it on the CWG site. Unfortunately, we need pacific help as right now that sucks so Dec 5th is looking lame for those that get excited for that date.

• 1 month later...

I was going to make a post in the disco thread but figured it's a heck of a lot easier to just bump this one. Big mixed signals in the lr. The ironic thing is the epo, nao, ao, and pna are looking to revert back to mid december pattern. lol

MJO looks to swing through phases 4-5-6. 

Here's the DJF temp composites for 5-6:

Looks pretty close to what d10 is showing on the models. I have a feeling that anybody looking for a quick breakdown of a warmer east before the second half of the month may be disappointed. 

I think I'm going to locate my old NAOO weather radio cube I bought from Radio Shack decades ago (yes, I still have it) and just wait until the sexy computerized voice tells me it's going to snow. At least I'll keep my sanity, or what's left of it.

Great thread Bob, sorry to muck it up but I'm so close to stopping internet access it ain't funny.

Looks pretty close to what d10 is showing the models. I have a feeling that anybody looking for a quick breakdown of a warmer east before the second half of the month may be disappointed.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the Mid-Atlantic who expects particularly cold weather anytime soon.

I was going to make a post in the disco thread but figured it's a heck of a lot easier to just bump this one. Big mixed signals in the lr. The ironic thing is the epo, nao, ao, and pna are looking to revert back to mid december pattern. lol

MJO looks to swing through phases 4-5-6. 

Here's the DJF temp composites for 5-6:

attachicon.gifmjo temp 5-6.JPG

Looks pretty close to what d10 is showing on the models. I have a feeling that anybody looking for a quick breakdown of a warmer east before the second half of the month may be disappointed. 

yes but mid December begat Late December which featured 3 snow potentials for us. Maybe this go around it will be colder

Archived