• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Post-Tropical Cyclone Tony (19L)

Now I doubt this will happen since we are getting intermediate advisories for 18, but who gets what name if both were to be upgraded at the same time?!

This has happened before, and it could happen at 11 PM theoretically... but then 18L would be Sandy and 19L will be Tony. The vast majority of the time.

There was one situation where it was flipped a while back, but I can't remember why/how that happened.

ADT is up to 3.0 / 45 kt and convection has really developed just NE of and partially over the center. The upper low to the SW of the depression has placed the system in a favorable region of divergence and upward ascent / strong vorticity flux within a jet maximum. These factors have made the shear actually favorable for intensification, particularly as lapse rates have increased. At this rate, we probably have Tony right now.

WTNT34 KNHC 240244

TCPAT4

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM TONY ADVISORY NUMBER 6

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL192012

1100 PM AST TUE OCT 23 2012

...DEPRESSION BECOMES TROPICAL STORM TONY...

SUMMARY OF 1100 PM AST...0300 UTC...INFORMATION

-----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...26.7N 49.2W

ABOUT 1505 MI...2425 KM WSW OF THE AZORES

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NE OR 50 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB...29.65 INCHES

I would like to apologize to the board for the lameness of this storm.

I'm thoroughly embarrassed that the first time my name was used it was for something as horrifically milquetoast as this.

Hey you aren't ready to give up the fight yet... last little pulse of convection will buy you an extra 6 hours as a tropical cyclone.

28tuqsy.gif

Hey you aren't ready to give up the fight yet... last little pulse of convection will buy you an extra 6 hours as a tropical cyclone.

Impressive burst indeed! But I still rue the fact that if the timing had been a wee bit different, it could be my storm about to plow into the south coast of eastern Cuba. I probably should be happy that my name got used even once. :violin:

Impressive burst indeed! But I still rue the fact that if the timing had been a wee bit different, it could be my storm about to plow into the south coast of eastern Cuba. I probably should be happy that my name got used even once. :violin:

At least it might get to visit the Azores.. the most active "land" falling area of the season?!

Archived