• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Intense heat in early August (and very late July)

Hoar_Frost

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's Euro shows some very intense heat returning early next week, in the MON-TUE time frame. Large expansion to the northeast of 25+ 850 temps. With the charred soil over most of the Midwest it would certainly seem like another 100+ episode could be in the cards. Up until then the heat will be pretty moderate, with generally only low to mid 90s for most of us.

Saturday actually looks pretty hot as well. Euro shows a quick shot of intense heat knifing in from the west out ahead of a weak cool front. Could push temps close to 100 in some of the more favored dry areas if trends continue. 12z Euro delayed the heat next week by a day or so. Shows Wed-Thu as the hottest now.

Just like today, right?

You have to find a new model to hug.

I report, you decide. :D

I sorta doubt 100 but IND's call of 94 seems too cool. Soundings look quite dry in the low levels which should promote efficient warming, although models are hinting at some clouds which could prevent the full potential from being realized. I'll go 98.

I report, you decide. :D

I sorta doubt 100 but IND's call of 94 seems too cool. Soundings look quite dry in the low levels which should promote efficient warming, although models are hinting at some clouds which could prevent the full potential from being realized. I'll go 98.

More like you report, I'll mock.

Question is, will the NAM clown maps get the same reverence this winter? ;)

More like you report, I'll mock.

Question is, will the NAM clown maps get the same reverence this winter? ;)

Time will tell. Winter seems so far off.

Made it to 94 today with 850 mb temps around 18C (or supposed to be around 18C). 850 mb temps on Thursday look to be several degrees warmer. Might have to reconsider the possibility of triple digits.

Well, your (and others) model was only off by 6 degrees today. So close. Better luck Thursday and Friday I guess. :D

I think that was 3 days out. Thursday is only 2 days out.

A NAM/ECMWF blend has been deadly accurate most of the time this summer from my observation so we'll see what the 00z Euro offers up.

Archived